20.

When the Sunday morning sun tickled his nose, Louis was torn out of his dreamland and into reality. Lately, that has never been a good thing but this morning it was like he was still dreaming. With Harry safe in his arms, waking up wasn't so bad. It felt surreal at first but when he blinked his eyes open and saw that it was real, that he was still there, Louis felt a kind of happiness he has never felt before. Harry was still there. In his bed. In his arms.

Wanting to savour this moment for as long as possible, Louis tightened his grip on Harry and pulled him closer into his chest, hearing him let out a content sigh. Testing his suspicion, Louis let his head fall forward, so that he could bury his nose in Harry's neck and plant a feather-light kiss right underneath his ear, earning a cute giggle from the beautiful man in his arms. His boyfriend.

"You're awake" Louis mumbled against his neck, tickling him some more with the light stubble on his chin.

"I'm an early bird by habit and I'm afraid that part of the hospital's lifestyle will never leave me again. It's annoying on weekends and on vacation" Harry turned around in his arms to face him.

"To whom?" Louis raised an eyebrow at him. "Not to me, Haz. In school, I hated mornings but over the years, I learned to appreciate them. I had many jobs that started very early and then I had the girls. I'm used to being up early and I like it. The early hours of the day can be quite magical sometimes, don't you think?".

"Definitely magical" Harry traced one finger over Louis' jawline, almost as if he were in a trance. It made Louis blush slightly.

"Did you sleep alright? We kinda fell asleep on the wrong end of the bed and ...".

"I slept amazingly. Must have been your presence" Harry placed his whole hand on Louis' cheek now. "I haven't had a good night's sleep like this in ages. It's quite comfy in your arms".

"Thanks. I'm trying" Louis retorted jokingly, not knowing what to say right now. He was totally out of his realm here.

Locking eyes with him, Harry smiled lovingly at him. "How did you sleep, Lou?".

"Really good" Louis felt stupidly warm inside.

"Yeah?".

"Mh. And when I woke up, I thought I was still dreaming but it looks like I'm not" Louis was now the one caressing Harry's face.

"No, you're not. I'm here and I won't leave any time soon" Harry knew him way too good. It was terrifying but in a good way.

"Obviously not because you're stuck with me now. I won't let you leave" Louis rolled his eyes exaggeratedly, making Harry laugh.

"Never?" Harry's eyes were sparkling in the morning light.

"Never" Louis shook his head dramatically slow for effect.

"What if I wanna take a shower or use the toilet?" Harry grinned amusedly. "What about work?".

"Guess you have to stop and become a housewife now, Haz. I can not let you leave the house alone. What if someone falls in love with you on the street and decides to kidnap you when I'm not around? No, I can't have that" Louis tried really hard to keep his laughter in but it was very difficult. "And you can only shower with me from now on. Did I not mention that yesterday?".

"Don't think you did but I don't wanna get kidnapped without you, so I guess I'm becoming your housewife now. At least, no one will get poisoned like this" Harry cracked up laughing now.

"Ey!".

"But why can I not shower alone anymore? I don't think anyone's gonna kidnap me in there" Harry rolled his lips in to stifle his laughter but it was to no avail.