five

After staying up all night, my head pounding and my legs feeling like jelly because of all the walking, I go to the chateau. It's the only place that I could stay at the moment.

But I hated this. I hated that whenever I came back I had to ask them to stay at the chateau. I thought they felt that I was using them. But I wasn't and would never.

I open the glass door to where all the pogues, and Sarah for some reason, were sitting and walk towards them.

"Well hello princess." JJ lights up a joint.

"Hey Gia." John B says, dryly.

"Can I uh-" I stutter.

This was really hard for me. Even though he was one of my best friends, I don't like asking for things.

"Can I stay here for a bit?" I ask.

"Your mom kick you out?" John B says, pulling a sarcastic sad face as Sarah laughs.

He's never been this rude.

"Very funny, so can I?"

"No, you're not welcome here." John B replies.

It had been me, JJ and John B since kindergarten, since me and Kiara have different dads, my dad took me to pogue school instead and my mom didn't care.

We've been best friends for the longest time, every summer we were all basically roommates, hanging out at the chateau. So
why not now?

I looked at Kiara, seeing her face was as confused as mine.

"What- why?" I look at him.

I look back at Kiara, her face not so confused anymore, but why?

"Guys-" JJ says, only to be interrupted by her.

"You're doing it again?" Kiara stands up, facing me dead in the eye.

"What?" I say, confused.

"Drugs, aren't you?" she asks.

I look at the pogues, I see Pope's face turn the other way in disbelief, and John B looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact with me.

But JJ looked right at me, with no emotions in his face.

"You all knew? Didn't you?" she yells.

"I didn't." JJ sighs, still looking at me.

He knows that he would've been the first person I told if I wanted to go back to my past actions, but I didn't tell him at all. I had the need for drugs but didn't do it. Thanks to Rafe.

"Calm down, it's fine, lets just-" Pope starts.

"No, it's not fine!" JJ shouts.

"What's going on Gia?" he keeps looking at me.

"I don't know-" I stutter, tired of all the shouting.

"What's going on with you?" he says.

"I don't know!" I yell back.

None of them were giving me any time to talk.

JJ rolls his eyes, pushing past Pope and leaving the chateau, making tears fill my eyes.

"Were you gonna tell me?" Kiara says, calmly.

"Yeah but I didn't-"

Before I can even finish my sentence, Kiara shoves past me and follows JJ out of the chateau.

It's almost as if they expected this. Almost that they expected I couldn't get better which just made me doubt myself even more.

Pope and John B look at me, then at each other, basically waiting for me to leave.