four

We hop in the Twinkie, driving to drop of Kiara at our mother's house and the whole ride was silent.

We reach the fancy house and Kiara waves goodbye. I see my mom walking out, running to Kiara and hugging her.

In the corner of my eye, I see her staring at me coldly. I hope she didn't see me and it was just my imagination, I slouched down so I wasn't in her view.

"Aren't you going Gia?" Pope says.

"Nah- not today." I shrug, embarrassed of what actually happened.

"You alright." JJ taps my leg.

"I'm fine." I laugh.

After the argument I had a need for drugs, but I pushed it away and it just made it worse. Seeing her again made me desire them. I had to go and stop at Barrys.

"Hey, can you stop here?" I asked when they reached the cut.

"Sure." John B says, reversing the Twinkie.

"Where you staying?" JJ asked, confused because he thought I was staying at the chateau.

"I have a friend, don't worry." I say, exiting the car.

I walk the other way, heading to Barry's shack. I enter the damaged room, and I see Luke leaving as I do, saying hi to me and I don't respond. Barry lays eyes on me straight away.

"Follow me." he says, getting up and walking to his bedroom as I do what he said.

"So, you back now?" he chuckles.

"Yeah, you have some oxy or coke?"

"I got coke." he smirks.

He reaches into his duffle bag, carrying out a bag full of white powder.

"Who's this?" I hear a voice behind me, but I don't bother to turn around.

"Ask her yourself." Barry says, closing the bag.

I could see from the corner of my eye, him staring at me. I turn around. Rafe.

"What?" I ask.

He wipes his nose, sniffing and not answering.

"Can I have my coke now?" I turn back to Barry.

"Get your shit and go." Barry says, handing me the coke in exchange for money.

"Thanks." I take the bag, stuffing it in my pocket, walking to the door.

I start walking down the roads of the cut, when I see Rafe following me from behind.

"What do you want, Rafe?" I ask, looking at him.

"I- uh I need to ask you something, yeah?"

"What."

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"That was your question?"

To be honest, I've never been asked that before. It kinda shocked me, because I thought Rafe only ever thinks about himself, being the kook king.

"Yeah." he replies.

"You really wanna know?" I ask again.

"I do." he says, his eyes squinting.

"I'm fine."

Rafe looks at me intently, not keeping his eyes off as if he wanted more from me. His eye contact didn't stop, so I gave in. I told him how I felt.

"I've never been clean, and I don't plan on getting clean." I laugh.

Rafe looks down at me, holding the eye contact, listening to every word I say. What did he want from me?

"I'm a liar. God, I feel like I'm crazy." I laugh even more, just as my mother did.

He looks at me, almost as if his emotions were pure. He shockingly looked sorry for me.

"You need to stop doing this shit, then." he says, pointing towards my pocket with the plastic bag poking out.

"Yeah, I don't think so"

He grabs the bag before I even notice.

"What the fuck man?"

He looks at me, then turns back with his mouth open, not saying anything back.

"So you're just not gonna say anything?"

I attempt to take it back out of his hands, until he interrupts me with his voice.

"Don't! Don't." he yells, his hand, taking mine away before I even get to the bag.

"Just give it back." I plead.

"No." he looks at me.

"Why not?"

"It's bad for you Gia."

I laugh hysterically, thinking he was joking. Everyone knows Rafe for doing coke, I don't know why he would care so much if someone else did.

"Oh shit, you're serious." I stop laughing.

"Listen to me."

"And if I don't want to?" I ask.

"I just don't get why you care so much Rafe, we barely know each other." I go on.

"You're like me Gia." he says.

"Yeah okay." I roll my eyes.

He looks at me, not looking away and holding the eye contact, which was weird.

"What?" I ask.

I sigh after he doesn't respond.

"I'm leaving." I say, walking away.

"And you owe me for that coke!" I look back.

I didn't want to bother the pogues as they were probably sleeping, so I just walked around the cut, staying up all night and sitting beside a willow tree.

I'll figure shit out.