eleven

The door of the chateau swings open as I walk in, Rafe was behind, following me.

The pogues weren't that surprised to see me even though they told me I couldn't stay at the chateau.

Sarah was there too. Sarah, John B, Pope, JJ and Kiara stared at me.

But as soon as the pogues catch sight of Rafe, I could tell by their facial expressions that the anger inside of them rose.

"What is he doing here?" JJ yells.

I place myself on the beanbag, making myself at home. Even though I was kicked out of both of my homes.

"Gia?" John B looks at me confused.

"Rafe has something he would like to share with you guys." I smile, pointing to Rafe.

Rafe laughs, licking his lips as the pogues roll their eyes and don't bother to look at him.

"Look- I'm sorry. Pope. Okay?" he raises his eyebrows.

"What?" Pope murmurs.

"I said I'm sorry dude!" Rafe says, louder this time, but in a sarcastic tone.

"You're apologising?" Pope says.

"And here I was thinking you were the smart one." Rafe chuckles.

"Adios." Rafe waves, about to leave before I stop him.

"If you're gonna apologise, do it properly." I state.

The pogues look at me, wondering when this happened. And I wasn't going to tell them. I'll just make something up.

"Yeah could we hear your apology once more but say JJ instead? I'll set it as my ringtone." JJ winks.

"You don't even have a phone-" Kiara says.

"Yeah I'm not a kook Kie what do you-"

"JJ I'm not even-"

"Fuck this shit." Rafe laughs, leaving before I could pull him back.

The pogues all looked at me. Along with Sarah, but she didn't say anything.

"He felt sorry and he came to me about it so I uh- made him come here. To apologise." I stutter.

I looked at Sarah, raising my eyebrows secretly so she didn't tell anyone what she saw. If she did I could lie out of it, but it would be easier not to.

All the pogues seemed as if they believed me, which was good. Lets say I was never as good as JJ was at lying.

~

But of course, Rafe didn't even properly apologise.

"Rafe!" I shout, walking towards him.

"What." he says, still walking ahead.

"Wait!" I say, as he stops walking and turns to face me.

"What do you want?" he groans.

"Okay I don't know why your being a dick to me when you didn't even apologise properly."

"You said you would." I sigh.

He doesn't answer but just looks at me, as if he was stressed out. He had to know how much he hurt me and the pogues.

"And you were the one who told everyone at that party that-" I sigh before I get interrupted.

"Are you ever gonna let that go?" he shouts.

"You promised you wouldn't tell anyone."

"I get it, I was a dick. Let it go."

"This is what I mean. Now everyone's gonna look at me like I'm fucking crazy because of you. You're so fucking-"

"I fucking know! You don't have to remind me, okay?" his emotions burst.

"Gia- you're like me. We need help and-"

"I don't need help." I say.

"Okay." he chuckles, not believing me.

"Well then I need help, and I can't get that. I just keep getting these- these voices in my head and-" he paces, stressing out.

"And I can't control them." he sighs.

I look at him, still angry about what he's done and how he's not even trying to fix the problems. But a part of me wishes better for Rafe. A big part of me.

"Well let's get you help then?" I ask, confused.

"I can't!" he freaks out.

"Rafe, Rafe. Calm down." I touch his biceps.

I look around me, realising people walking on the opposite side of the road, staring at us.

"Lets go somewhere private, okay?" I ask.

"Alright." he nods.