thirty-three

I walked around, admiring the fancy, rich houses until I reached the cut. I was definitely not going to go to my dad's, maybe I could try Barry.

I reach his shack, the door already being open. I walk into the house, seeing Barry sitting on the couch whilst counting his money.

"Shit, am I seeing things or is that Gia?" he looks up to me, a slight smirk appearing on his face.

"It's me." I say.

He takes his legs off the couch, leaving space for me as I walk towards him, placing myself next to him.

"So we're out of coke right now but we got-"

I take the bag of coke from my pocket and dangle it in-front of him.

"Damn Miss Country Club." he laughs, bumping my fist.

I roll my eyes at his nickname, lining up some powder onto the table in-front of us.

"So, why're you here then?" Barry asks, taking the bag after me and lining some up for himself.

I snort the coke, feeling the euphoric sensation that I haven't felt in a long time.

"What, can I not go to a friend or something?"

"Nah, I just didn't think we were friends since that show you put on." he laughs, leaning down to the table to sniff more.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." I laugh.

"It's aight, I know you gotta protect your sister."

"You want a joint with that?" he asks, watching me snort the coke for the second time.

"Yes please." I look up to him, laughing.

He stands up, walking to the stand of drawers and pulling out a bong, and putting some weed in.

"So, how's Country Club doing?" he asks, coming back to the couch, handing me it.

"I'm not trying to think about that right now." I sigh, inhaling whilst lighting the bowl.

"An argument, huh?" he asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Something like that." I nod, exhaling the smoke, coughing a little.

Barry makes a humming noise, saying he understood.

"He's the reason for all the arguments, he can't stop fucking lying." I laugh out of stress.

"You know, you gotta look at it from both perspectives." Barry says, taking the bong for his turn.

"But he's the one that's lying?" I roll my eyes, lining up more coke.

"You both going through a lot of shit right now, you know what I'm saying?" he says.

We both are, but that still doesn't justify everything he's done and is doing.

"Yeah." I huff.

"How'd you know?" I ask.

"Well he's been coming over here lately." Barry smokes.

"See, once again he lied to me." I scoff.

I was about to take another hit of the bong before I heard the front door swing open.

"Oh shit." Barry laughs, running his hand over his mouth.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Rafe asks, constantly looking between the both of us.

"Oh my god." I roll my eyes, my head leaning back.

"I already said we're done, do you seriously not know what space is?" I look back to him.