seven

I slip into my silky brown cocktail dress from years ago and look in the mirror, sighing.

I still can't believe what Rafe did to Pope, and when he even looked at me, it was as if he didn't do anything wrong.

I hear the beat of music as I walk up to one of the kookiest houses on figure eight with Pope and JJ. This is gonna be a shit show.

We stroll in, blending in with the crowd as I head over to the drinks table. It's not everyday you get the most expensive drinks on the island.

I search the room, looking for Rafe and his little minion friends.

"You think they didn't come?"

I jump as I hear a voice next to me, only to turn around seeing JJ and Pope next to him. I'm happy they were finally talking to me.

"Kooks would never turn down a party. Lets look around." I say, getting up.

"I'm gonna stay here." Pope murmurs.

"Dude, you wanna be alone at a kook party?" JJ asks.

"On the other hand-" Pope says, interrupted by JJ pulling him out of the chair.

We walk around for about ten minutes, getting lost in all sorts of directions. Kelce had a cinema room and everything. Must be nice to be a kook.

We take beer and wine from everywhere we could see until we reach the massive hall, also full of people. We see Topper, Kelce and Rafe in the centre. They sipped their beers, staring at us, dead in the eye.

We wanted them to know that we crashed the party, even though it wasn't even as close as what Rafe did to Pope. This was just the first step. I think.

"So what's the plan now?" Pope asks.

"What?" JJ says.

"You came here and didn't have a plan?" Pope somehow yells in a whisper.

I ignored their bickering, as Rafe's eyes lay on mine and hold eye contact for what feels like hours. He wasn't letting go with the cold look.

I was so fed up of him acting as if he didn't do anything wrong. As if I deserved the blank stare. I walk up to him as he looks away.

"What are you doing!" JJ yells.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask him.

"Hm?" Rafe, towers over me, looking at me.

"Are you a fucking psycho? You think what you did was okay?" I shrug.

He chuckles, looking around the room.

"I thought you weren't like the other kooks." I sigh when he doesn't respond.

"Yeah? What am I?" he raises his eyebrows, smirking.

He still thought this was some kind of joke.

"You're sick." I spat out.

Topper makes a whistling sound as I roll my eyes.

"You think just because you're a kook-"

"Hey, I'm not the drug addict." he yells interrupting me, raising his hands in the air.

I turned around to see if anyone heard what he said. But almost everyone turned around because of how loud Rafe was. They all looked at me.

I see Pope and JJ walking towards me, their eyes softening.

Anger raises inside of me as I hear Rafe's friends laugh behind me.

Rafe doesn't laugh, but looks down at me, finally realising what he's done.

"Gia, I-"

I just look at him with no emotion on my face.

I turn around, about to walk away as he grabs my bicep, pulling me back to him as I took the chance to punch him in the nose.

"What the fuck!" he yells, his hands cupping his bleeding nose.

"No way you just let a chick punch you dude?" Kelce starts.

"She got you good." Topper chuckled.

Rafe doesn't do anything, but looks at me, his eyes begging for forgiveness.

"I hate you." I walk away.

After everything, the punch wasn't even worth it. I would just get shit from the cops later.

My eyes start to get teary. I was getting better. I really was. And he had to tell the whole of figure eight.

The moment flew like wind. Pope and JJ pulled me back, making us leave the party. We hopped into the twinkie and the ride home was quiet. Until JJ spoke up.

"You punched Rafe Cameron." he laughs.

"Rafe fucking Cameron dude!" he said, hitting the driving wheel as Pope laughs too.

I lay at the back of the Twinkie, looking up at the ceiling. What did I do?