thirty-two

My hair sways in the wind as I stand outside of Topper's mansion. Another kook party, probably meaning Rafe. But this was to take my mind off him.

Sarah dressed me up with a low cut black dress, and did my makeup perfectly.

"You ready?" she says, walking towards the house.

"Mhm." I nod.

Me and Rafe hadn't officially broken up, even though we weren't actually together. It was complicated, but I didn't think I was going to get with another guy today. Maybe I should talk to him if he's here.

Me and Sarah walk to the bar, as we see John B and JJ filling up cups with alcohol.

"How the fuck are you guys here?" I laugh.

"You know we can't miss out on free alcohol." JJ shrugs, laughing.

John B takes Sarah's hand, leading her through the large group of people towards the dance floor, away from Gia and JJ.

"I guess we wont be seeing them for a while." JJ says.

I sigh accidentally, why was everyone else's relationships so uncomplicated?

I look up, seeing JJ going behind the bar, pretending to be a bartender to make me laugh.

"JJ-" I laugh.

"What would you like to drink?" he asks.

I look at all the alcohol in-front of me, there was so much to choose from.

"Should I make you something, or are you going to stay soft tonight?"

"Hm, maybe some shots." I say, pointing to the bottle of Smirnoff.

He grabs a small cup, pouring the alcohol in and handing it to me. I grab it, taking a deep breath and downing it. I put the glass down, hinting for another shot. He does the same as I took another.

He comes out from the bar and sits beside me as he notices I'm done with shots. I didn't want to take too much too fast.

"Do you see anyone we know?" I ask him.

"Nah, I'm waiting on a girl though." JJ says.

"Ooh." I nudge him, raising my eyebrows.

"Not like that, she's just a hookup." he laughs.

"So, you came here with Sarah?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, she's pretty cool-"

"Evelyn!" JJ shouts, walking towards a girl.

He turns back for a second mouthing the word 'sorry'. I roll my eyes, turning back to the bar and leaning my face on my hand.

I wasn't going to sit here sulking the whole night just because I was with no one. I stood up, walking to another room, trying to find anyone.

As soon as I stepped in the room, I bump into someone.

"Shit- sorry." he says.

I look up to him, seeing a beautiful, muscular, tall man. His hair was messy, but his smile was dreamy.

"My name's Kai, what's yours?" he asks.

I swallow, looking down at my shoes. The only problem was that he wasn't Rafe. I was about to speak as he laughs.

"You don't have to be shy." Kai says.

I was close to talking back, but I was interrupted by the sound of an argument, and everyone in the corner of the room laughing and whispering. I look towards the centre of the room, seeing Rafe and Topper.