fourteen

As I was about to hop into Rafe's car, I see Sarah walking my way, telling me to wait.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Kiara told me she wants to talk to you. Maybe you should stop by her place?" she says.

"Wait- really?"

"Yeah." she smiles.

I didn't know why Sarah was being so nice to me, but maybe she wasn't as bad as I recently thought.

She did stick up for me at breakfast, and would the pogues really let her in the group if she was like all the other kooks?

We say our goodbyes as I place myself on the passengers seat in Rafe's car.

"Hey, can you drop me off at my moms?"

"I was gonna take you out to eat." he groans, starting the car.

"I'll meet you there after I go to my moms." I put on my seatbelt.

"Alright."

~

Minutes pass as he parks outside of my moms kooky household.

"Meet me at The Wreck in 10?" he asks.

"I'll be there." I say, walking towards the house.

I look behind, seeing him drive off. The last time I was here was the argument. But this time, it would be for the better.

I just had to find Kiara.

I try opening the door, but it was locked. I thought nobody was home after knocking a few times, until I see my mother come to the door.

I imagined the horrible argument coming, but shockingly she welcomed me in, with a smile.

She gestured me to follow her into the living room as I saw Kiara and Mike sat down, looking intensely serious.

This was a set up. I've had enough of this shit. It would most likely end up chaotic anyway.

I look at my family, getting second thoughts before sprinting towards the door. I jam the doorknob, noticing my mom double locked it.

"Shit." I groan, my hands in my head.

"Gia." my mum says from the living room.

"What." I walk back to them, sitting down on one of the many red sofas.

"We talked to some counsellors and, we want to understand your problem." Mike says.

"Who said you were involved? You're not even my dad." I shrug, laughing.

When I saw nobody else laughing I slowly stopped.

"No? Okay." I sigh.

"Gia just listen." Kiara rolls her eyes.

"I am."

"Gia. When you do drugs, it's not like when other people do drugs." my mom explains.

I close my lips, looking around the room to figure out what she's trying to imply.

"Well I don't know what else I can do." I mumble.