Grammys

[THIN WHITE DUKE ERA BOWIE]

[A/N: This is NOT an actual event that took place

[A/N: This is NOT an actual event that took place. It's entirely fictional.]

David insisted that I should go with him to the Grammy celebrations this year since he had been nominated for an award. At first, I was apprehensive, given my severe dislike of large groups of people. David soon assured me that he would be by my side the whole time, letting me know that there was nothing at all to worry about. It took a little while for him to persuade me, but eventually, I agreed, knowing that he would do better himself if I was there as an emotional anchor for him.

"Awesome!" Bowie mused, wrapping his arms around me tightly and pressing a firm kiss to my lips. I let go of him, waltzing up the narrow staircase to go and find a dress suitable to wear to an awards show. After a little while of emptying my entire wardrobe, I found a dress I had previously been asked to wear by an ex-boyfriend to a party. I sighed, rubbing the satin between my fingers. I laid the dress on the bed in front of me, worrying about how this was going to look on me. I felt David's arms wind around my waist, kissing my neck from behind.

"Hey... If you don't want to wear it, I have a little something for you." David whispered in my ear, pulling my arm slightly. I followed him, very much liking the idea of wearing something David had given me. I was presented with a beautiful grey suit, paired with all of the matching necessities, waistcoat, blazer, trousers and tie. I nodded furiously in agreement, already slipping out of my casual clothes. David stifled a cough, running his thin hand through his bright orange locks. I laughed, knowing exactly what I was doing. 

"I'll meet you downstairs," David muttered, shuffling out of the room. I laughed to myself as I managed to get into the suit, adorned with a small red handkerchief in the top breast pocket. I looked at myself in the tall mirror, smoothing the fabric down with my hands. I changed my earrings to something a little more appealing, a pair of silver and turquoise droplet earrings that illuminated my h/c hair. 

I rummaged through my wardrobe to find a suitable pair of stockings and a generous-height pair of heels. I scaled my way back down the stairs to the awaiting David and grabbed a small clutch purse. I nodded at him, letting him know I was ready to go if he was. He too nodded, opening the front door for me. I was yet to comment on how breathtakingly handsome he looked but I was saving that for when it really mattered. 

To say the least, I knew it turned him on when I complimented him so I couldn't afford that until the time was right.

We arrived at the venue a little while before the ceremony began, leaving David and me some time to deal with the barrage of press interviewers and photographers. It had only now dawned on me that this was the first time since we had started dating, that we had been out as a couple. I gripped David's hand tightly as a swarm of photographers impeded upon us, shouting indiscernible comments at us. David brushed them off, pushing through the throes of desperate journalists.