Sound And Vision

Pale blinds drawn all day, nothing to do, nothing to say, blue, blue

[LYRICS FOR THIS PART ^^]

[This is kind of part 2 to 'My Precious Darling' so if you need a refresher, I'd read that one again first.]

I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, watching my ceiling fan spin round and round, in a monotonous cycle, a phrase which described my summer break painfully well. My mother had banned me from ringing David because she didn't like him and I wasn't allowed out of the house. However, I was 17 and as far as I was concerned, had the freedom to do whatever the fuck I wanted. 

Tired of being drowned in the pale blue light of my room, I chucked on some clothes and strode downstairs and out of the front door, without as much as a word to either of my parents. I walked briskly to David's house, knocking quickly on the door so my mother didn't see me from the kitchen window. He opened it, ushering me inside as he knew full well I wasn't supposed to be there. 

"What the hell were you thinking?!" He half-shouted, shutting his bedroom door behind us. 
"I've not seen you in five weeks. You think I wasn't going to do this eventually?" I replied, huffing loudly. He sighed, hugging me. 
"I have missed you a lot..." He replied, kissing me. I kissed him deeply, knowing I wasn't going to be allowed anywhere near him after this little session was over. 
"You know I'm going to get murdered after this, right?" I laughed, quite unbothered by the whole affair. 

He sighed and nodded, understanding what would come of this. "I just don't understand why she hates me so much..." He muttered, sort of perplexed. I shook my head, feeling the exact same way. Then we heard drumming at the front door. We rushed to the bedroom window, peering down at the front door. My mother stood there, visibly fuming. I cursed violently under my breath and because David and I were alone, he had a plan. 

He skipped down the stairs to the door and answered it warmly. "Ah, good afternoon Mrs Y/L/N. How can I help you?" He smiled, leaning against the doorframe. I was listening eagerly from his bedroom, anxious as to how the situation was unfolding at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Where's my daughter?" My mother demanded, the anger strong in her voice. 
"Y/N? Not a clue. I haven't seen her at all. Maybe she's gone out for a walk... Sorry I can't be of much help." He lied, and my mother believed every word. 
"Ah... Well. In any case, thank you. At least she's not here, sharing saliva with you." She huffed, some of the anger missing from her voice. 
"I hope you find her. Good day Mrs Y/L/N." David concluded, shutting the door. 

He bounded up the stairs and into the room, a wide smile on his face. I hugged him and squealed in excitement, amazed about how easily he had fooled my mother.
"How on earth did you do that?!" I chirped, my arms wrapped around his neck. He smiled at me smugly, pressing a long kiss on my cheek. 
"To be honest, I don't know, but I suggest you get on your way back and make it look like you've been on a walk. I'll give you some groceries in a bag and you can say you went to the shops." He explained, already heading towards the kitchen. 

I thanked him profusely and slipped out of his back door and took the small pathway back onto the main cul-de-sac street, carefully avoiding my kitchen window's view line. I managed to avoid being seen and entered the front door to be greeted by my mother, who looked at the bag of groceries in my hand and smiled. 
"For a minute, I thought you'd gone over to that boy David's house. I even went over there and beat his door down. Next time you go off gallivanting, let me know where you're going so I don't make a fool of myself again, please." She said plainly, taking the bag from my hands. 

Thankfully, I got away with it that time, but I knew that excuse wasn't going to hold time and again, so I had to devise other plans. That could wait though... For now, I was happy that I'd seen David and that my mother didn't know. That's what I revelled in.

[Tee-hee! I really enjoy this little storyline, aside from the whole thing with the mother because if my mother said that about my boyfriend, I would have a right old tantrum (In a highly professional way). ANYWAY, I hope you enjoyed this one. <3]