She Will Be Mine

[Words just aren't going on this page in terms of who this is...]

[WE'RE IN AMERICA HERE BY THE WAY

[WE'RE IN AMERICA HERE BY THE WAY.]

I pulled into the gas station and got out to fill up the tank. Because I am painfully British, I had no idea how this worked, so, I was rather taken aback by the fact someone had received my payment of X amount of dollars and they were filling the car up for me. It wasn't something I was necessarily accustomed to, coming from the capital of England...

"Don't worry... This is normal." A smooth voice assured me, coming up behind me. He was a tall, skinny man with a flash of bright orange hair. He looked oddly familiar but I couldn't quite place him. The part that relaxed me the most was the fact that he was also English. He sounded a lot like me which was comforting. Here in California, there weren't many English people so I felt a bit like a fish out of water. 

"Thank you, it did take me by surprise!" I replied, turning to face him a bit more.  He smiled at me, cocking his head to the side. 
"No worries. I'm David by the way." He replied, extending his hand to me. I took it and shook it firmly, glad to meet him.
"Nice to meet you, David, I'm Y/N," I responded, thanking the pump attendant. 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a scrap of paper and patted his pockets to find a pen. He huffed in annoyance when he realised he didn't have one. 
"I don't suppose you've got a pen, have ya?" He asked, grinning at me. Luckily, I had one in the glove box of my car, so I handed it to him. 
"Cheers, here ya are, darlin'," He smirked, handing me the paper and the pen. 

It had his phone number jotted messily on it, with an added love heart and a smiley face. I giggled, slipping the paper into my pocket. I would love to have stayed there and had a long conversation with him but I had a premier to be at so I had to get a move on. Little did I know that David was going to be at said premier.

"Fancy seeing you here..." I drawled, realisation looming over me like a mountain. The reason he looked familiar is that he was David Bowie. He had been my idol since I was seventeen and here he was at 28 and I am only in my mid-twenties, and I, for some reason unbeknownst to me, simply didn't recognise him. 

"Long time no see sweetheart!" David beamed, British charm emanating from his aura. I laughed, glad that he had forgotten the first time we ever met. I once met him in the early 70s, 1971 to be exact, and I was a stuttering and blushing mess. I was relatively surprised to find that I wasn't now, but the less I thought about that, the better. 
"Well, just when I thought I wasn't going to have anyone to take as a date, you showed up. So, Y/N, if I remember your name correctly, will you accompany me as a date?" He asked, offering me his arm. 

I took it, happy to spend the afternoon and evening with him. I was still finding it hard to understand how I hadn't recognised him at the gas station but that was more of a blur in the back of my mind now. 
"You look gorgeous, by the way," David whispered, his hand on the small of my back as he guided me through the crowds. 
"Not as beautiful as you though," I teased, smirking at him. He rolled his eyes as though he thought my words were preposterous. I laughed at him, jabbing him playfully in the side with my elbow. 

[DAVID'S POV]

She was driving me absolutely insane. I knew who she was. I met her once before in 1971 but I doubt she would remember that. She was so flustered but it was adorable. I'm only 4 years older than her but it feels like I'm ancient when I look at her youthful face. The words that have swarmed my mind every day for the past few years are 'she will be mine'. I simply couldn't let her go. 

"David, let's go and get a drink, I'm parched" Y/N's sweet voice chirped, her arm linking with mine. I followed, waving and nodding at my fellow celebrities as we walked. I had no idea why she was here but I certainly wasn't complaining. The more time I could spend with her, the better. She bought us both drinks and we made our way to our seats. 

"If I'm being honest, David, I met you before but I was hoping that you'd forgotten because I made a right fool of myself." She confessed, peering at the contents of her glass. I let out a shaky laugh, playing my hand on her knee. 
"I remember you. How could I ever forget, you were so cute but that was unprofessional, so you didn't just hear that come out of my mouth." I rambled, tripping over my words. 

She looked at me with a sparkle in her eyes, a small smile forming on her lips. If I was being honest, I wanted to kiss her. Her lips were so kissable but I had to play it slow. I couldn't dive headfirst into this because I would look like an idiot. Before another word could leave my mouth, she had her lips on mine. I was shocked but I wasn't not going to kiss her back.

[Y/N's POV]

I had to kiss him. He looked so perfect and after he said he remembered me, that was it. I wasn't going to contain my feelings any longer. He laughed into the kiss, making my whole body reverberate. I pulled away, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, painting my cheeks a cherry pink. 

"Sorry," I said sheepishly, biting my lip. He simply chuckled, pulling me in closer to him. 
"What are you apologising for, darling?" He queried, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. I shrugged, playing with his thin fingers. He laughed, his heart thudding against his ribcage. 
"Excuse the brashness but I think I'm in love with you," I mumbled, far too happy to be thinking rationally. He took me by the chin and made me look at him, I tried not to laugh as he gazed into my eyes but then he kissed me longingly, his hands wrapping themselves in my h/c hair. 

"I love you too." He replied, pulling away from me. I beamed with joy, my hand resting on his thigh. I sat as close to him as possible throughout the premier, and our fingers intertwined for the remainder of the evening. 

[A/N: I AM SO GLAD THAT I GOT OVER THE WRITER'S BLOCK!]