Chapter four

The whole walk back was just nonstop talking, mainly from me. When I asked about their lives they hardly said anything. My foot was definitely in more pain by the time I reached home, it was in need of my brace and an ice pack.

"Oh, Phoenix could we have what humans call "your number"?" Aja brought up.

I chuckled, "sure. Do you need help doing that as well?"

"Yes please! And then we can have all the human friends!" She cheered, throwing her arms in the air.

She handed me her phone and I typed in my number to her contacts, surprisingly she had none previously other than krel and someone named Vex.

I turned to Krel,"would you like my number too?"

"Yes, totally! I-i mean, yeah...sure." He turned away and held his phone out to me.

Seeing him flustered just made me feel the same. So many new feelings I've never felt before.
I typed my number in and gave his phone back to him.

"Thank you." He looked at the ground with his hands in his pockets.

"I think my little brother favors you-" Aja whispered.

"I can still hear your thoughts, Aja!"

Aja and I laughed. He's been so quiet I forgot he could do that with those glasses. I looked over to him, he looked so stunning in the light of the sunset. Aja was talking about something but it all faded away into silence. Seeing krel in the golden hour light was one of the best things I've ever seen.

"Phoenix?"

Hearing my name I ended up tripping over my own feet. After realizing what I just did I noticed I was being held up by Aja and Krel. I quickly fumbled to stand back up and felt so embarrassed!!

"Sorry- Aja what were you saying?"

"Um, I think we reached your house. This is it, right?" She looked up to the house beside us.

"Oh, yeah, thanks for walking me home you two... It's nice having other people around." I gave both of them a small smile.

"Of course!" Krel chimed.

"You're helping us fit in, the least we could do is repay you for your kindness. You're a wonderful friend Phoenix." Aja smiled.

I felt just calm and happy, I haven't felt so refreshed in... A long time.

I slammed a hug onto her and squeezed her tightly before I turned to Krel. I went to do the same but I couldn't help but stare, he just looked so mesmerizing and I didn't know why. I took a deep breath and gave him a tight hug before I headed inside the garage.

"Bye Phoenix!" Aja waved.

"We'll see you later!!" Krel called.

~~*~~*~~

*Zzz Zzz*

[Think you could meet Aja outside? We're going back to the planetarium]

I looked at my phone seeing a message from krel. Why were they going back to the planetarium?

[No way is it for the glasses!?]

I took no time in replying.

[Yes and no, can you come or not?]

[Yes!]

I felt so excited that they were including me, I grabbed my stitch and rushed outside as fast as I could why also staying fairly quiet.

"Ready?" Aja stood before her very own skateboard.