Chapter seventeen

It was like the feeling of something grabbing you in the dark.

Like burning yourself with something hot.

"Phoenix." Jim shook my arm as he whispered me awake.

I groaned, not wanting to wake up.

"Phoenix, wake up!"

I turned my head and just barely opened my eyes to look at him.

"You were having a nightmare."

"I was?"
Suddenly a sharp pain shot through my leg, "ow!" I sat up in shock only to smack heads with Jim.

"Ow!" We both exclaimed.

I rubbed my head and lifted my pant leg. The skin around the cut had turned dark and it felt as though something was digging into my skin.

"That doesn't look good." Jim pointed out.

The pain got worse by the second and I wanted to scream in pain.

"Jim... I need Vendel." I gripped the blankets.

"But you said he didn't hurt you."

"I was wrong, it hurts so bad. Please." I wanted to rip my skin off, it was almost unbearable.

"Okay, it's okay." He stood up above me and grabbed both of my hands to pull me up.

I dropped back down and held my leg, letting out a groan. "Ah frick"

"Can you not stand?"

"Nope."

"Okay um... I'll carry you on my back."

I looked at him annoyed but I had to accept. I put on my glasses and pulled myself up onto his bed. He quickly slid on some shoes and turned his back to me.

Feeling awkward, I carefully hopped onto his back.

The sharp pain shot through my leg again and I gripped Jim's shirt as I tried to breathe through it.

"Don't choke me- you're hard to carry enough as it is!" He bent down and handed me my phone and stitch.

I held them both tightly over his shoulders as he quietly made his way through the hallway.

"You need to open doors for me." He whispered
The stairs creaked, giving Jim an endless amount of worry.

We made it to the garage where the motion sensor light turned on, temporarily blinding us both.

Jim yawned, passing it onto me as he carefully placed me down. I wobbled on one leg as I held the other with my hand.

The pain seemed to decrease if I held the wound tightly. Now in the light, I looked down and my heart dropped.

It looked as though dark veins ran all along my leg. The skin was cold to the touch, it hurt so bad it was hard to believe I hadn't felt it happen.

Jim handed me a helmet and clipped on his own. I wasn't in the mood to wear it but safety first. He helped me onto his Vespa and climbed on after I was situated.

After pressing a button on the wall to open the garage door, he started up his Vespa.

"What are you two doing?"

We both looked over at the door and there stood Olivia with messy hair and pajamas.

"I'm taking Phoenix to troll market."

"Why?" She walked over.

"Angor Rot-" I groaned after another wave of sharp pain, "cut me with a poisonous blade." I sighed, "I need Vendel."