Chapter Nineteen

I turned a corner before hopping off my skateboard and picked it up as I pushed open the glass door to the cafe. The bell chimed above me, making it known I had arrived.

"Ah, there you are." Douxie began to walk over to a booth, carrying a mug.

"Sorry, Douxie." I leaned my skateboard against the window and headed over to him.

"Don't be, it's alright. Now tell me, what have you been up to this time?" He sat down with the mug filled with hot chocolate.

"Well..." I sat down across from him, "A lot. I've just been kind of busy, I'm sorry I haven't been meeting up with you lately. I really like to but I've just been busy with-"

"Your life?" The dark-haired boy chuckled and took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah... I guess..."

"I can tell you for sure that you living your life comes first, if you can't make it to our hang out don't worry about it. I'm just happy I get to see you out doing things again."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Of course. So tell me, love, anything new with that boy of yours?"

"M-my boy? What- do you mean krel? He- he's not my boy, what makes you say that?"

"The fact you knew who I meant tells me something."

I could see his smile form as he took another sip. I looked down in embarrassment before continuing.

"Okay... Maybe we're... Courting..."

"No way, he asked you out? That's great!"

"Yeah," I giggled, "and I've been doing some things with Jim too. We're finally back in our house now! And- and later I'm going to meet up with Krel. And tomorrow I'm having a sleepover with Aja!"

"Woah, slow down! I can only hear one thing at a time." He laughed.

I held my laugh in with my flustered smile, "Sorry."

"Okay, starting with the first one: what have you been up to with Jim?"

"Well, that troll I told you about, Angor, he's been after us for a week or two now. And Jim is getting better with his triumbric stones."

"Angor is after you? As in both of you?"
I nodded.
"That's not good... Has he hurt you?"

I hesitated and looked down at my leg.
"...not too badly... Just a few scratches here and there."

"Alright... Okay onto the next thing, you said you're going to meet up with Krel later?"

"Oh, god I did say that," I covered my face. "Right, so for a while now Krel and I have been meeting up at the old park by my house... The one I used to sneak out to with... Ghost."

"Wow... It's still there? I would have thought it would be taken down by now."

"Well, it's covered in leaves but it's still as sturdy as it was two years ago."

"I can't believe you're bringing him there... That was a special place, so clearly he's special."

I chuckled, "Yeah... Honestly, it's nice to have people around me again..."

"You always did, love. You just...never really wanted anyone around."

"I'm realizing that... Can I ask, why did you try reaching out to me all those times?"

"Well, you're a very special person to me, and I'd like to be there for you through whatever. But hey, now you're talking to me, so I'd say it was worth the wait."