Chapter Twenty-four

Aja took her first steps into the sparkly gymnasium where the dance was being held. Colorful lights, streamers, loud music, and a stage filled her with excitement.

"Woah, lively!"

Steve laughed, "I know right and I'm going to be the spring fling king." He winked.

"But my brother is already going to be king." Aja continued to head inside the gym.

As Aja's night began, mine continued.

Give me love
Give me all your love
All 'cause I want you

I could feel my face burning red as krel lead me through a dance, and despite him taking the lead...he still seemed so nervous.

No one else makes me feel this way
Don't know what you do

"Krel..." I spoke up.

"Yes?"

Hold my hand
Could you hold my hand?
Look me in the eyes

"How come you did all of this...when we could have easily gone to the dance?"

You and me
Yeah, that's all I need
And I'll be alright

He looked down for a moment before meeting his dark electric eyes with mine again.

"Well..."

I'll be right here
I swear that I'll stay here with you

"I didn't want to dance with you while other people were around... It would make this um... Less romantic."

I laughed at his response knowing I would have felt the same.

Hold me closer
I wanna stay here with you

He continued, "I tell you so often... You're my princess and I'll treat you as one. So our own small dance, I wanted to make it extra special.

All that we have is each other now
I promise I won't leave your side

"I planned it all out with Mother since you first mentioned it. I wanted it to be perfect for you."

Be who you are and you'll be enough
If you're givin' me your love, givin' me your love

My heart was fluttering, all I could do was get lost in his eyes. That familiar warm feeling stayed resting in my chest.

All that we have is each other now
Promise you won't leave my side

"If I'm being honest, I feel like I'm doing all this just to show how much I love you." He chuckled nervously.

I hope who I am is enough for you
If I'm givin' you my love, givin' you my love, love

"But I think you already know."
He spun me around and pulled me into his arms only to dip me. He lifted me back to my feet, continuing the slow dance.
"I love you princess."