Chapter Fifteen

Krel laughed and a smile appeared on my face from his happiness.
"I'll let you know when she's seen the surprise, Aja, then you can come and join us."

"Okay! Have fun with your dating ritual!" She teased.

"It's not a dating ritual Aja, am I not allowed to hang out with our friend?" Krel rolled his eyes at his sister and took my hand in his as he walked me down to the living room.

"The royals may trust you wholeheartedly but Varvatos Vex still has his doubts."
I nervously turned to vex as we walked past him.

"You'll have to get used to her eventually, Varvatos." Krel placed his second hand over my shoulder for comfort.

I looked up at Krel after he pulled me through the portal door to the mothership. He had the sweetest smile on his face and I couldn't help but admire him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He chuckled and pulled his hand off my shoulder.

"Like what?"

"Like you have a galaxy full of stars in your eyes..." He tightened his grip on my hand as if he never wanted to let go.

I blushed and turned to face the ground.

He cleared his throat, "So, what made today rough for you?"

"You really want to know?" I looked at him again.

"Of course, tell me."

"Well..." I thought back on today.

{~~}

"Come on Phoenix, I know something is up! You gotta tell me!" Eli begged.

I sighed in annoyance and looked around briefly before pinning him to the lockers.

"Nothing is going on, and they don't have a secret okay?" I said sternly.

"Okay, I'll stop asking!"

{~~}

"Let's just say Eli was being a bother the whole time." I rubbed my thumb against Stitch's harness.

Krel sighed, "Will that human ever learn?"

"Most likely not." I scoffed.

"Oh, hey, are you ready?" He perked up.

"Ready for what?"

"The surprise, come on, don't tell me you forgot already?"

"I didn't." Endless possibilities of what he was planning rushed through my head.

He pulled me into the same dome-shaped room as before. We walked halfway down the path before he stopped me.

"Now, close your eyes."
I looked at him suspiciously.
"Please, princess."

I closed my eyes, "okay, they're closed." I smiled.

I listened to his steps as he walked to the middle of the room. The sound of something appearing could be heard followed by soft beeps.

"I can't exactly take you to Akiridion-5 myself... So I'm giving you the next best thing. Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes, "woah..."
Everything was an electric blue that lit up the room. There were beautiful technology plants that covered the ground and the ceiling had turned a dark purple.

"Krel... Are these?" I started to walk around, admiring every detail while Krel followed behind.

"The electronic garden from my home? Yes, it is." He looked around proudly.