Chapter Twelve

Krel and Aja had just gotten back from their driver's education test. Krel was face timing me and telling me everything that happened.

I was listening but I couldn't stop myself from getting lost in his dark, electric eyes.

"And then, Aja shot the ship with her serrator and we came crashing down!" He laughed.

"And Coach Lawrence didn't notice any of this?" I asked full of amusement.

"No! And then Aja drove what was left of the car back to the others, and the Coach Lawrence was making a really weird sound. I think he was out of breath or something."

I chuckled to myself at his storytelling.

"And I stick my head out of the window and ask, "How did we do?"

I laughed along with him, I bet that would've been amusing to watch.
"I'm pretty sure your sister is not going to pass."

"I heard that!" Aja yelled from the other room.

Krel rested his chin on his hands and smiled at me through the camera.
"Have I told you much of a pretty human you are?"

I blushed intently at the comment.
"Yeah...thank you Krel."

He remained in his lovesick position for a minute before Aja could be heard in the background again.

"Hurry little brother, we need to show Vex the axial darray!"

Krel rolled his eyes. "She can't even get the name right. Hey, I never asked you. Did you find anything online about it?"

"Yeah! I did! I had to do a lot of scrolling though. I actually wrote down some things. I can text it to you if you want."

"I would love that. I should probably go before Aja stomps me. I'll call you later princess." He said before hanging up.

After my call ended I squeezed stitch to the point his head might pop off. I let out a high pitch squeal and kicked my feet like a child ready for Christmas.

He gave me the best feeling and it was like butterflies were doing flips inside me. I went ahead and sent him the Information about the array along with a smile. Suddenly, Olivia threw open my door and I jumped at the sound.

"I heard everything! You're dating the new guy!" She exclaimed.

"What? No, I'm not!"

"Really? All my evidence proves it!"
I half expected her to pull one of those crime boards with red string out of her pocket. "He called you princess! Why would he give you a nickname if you weren't dating? And you're always texting him, calling him if you're in your room. If you aren't dating at least admit you like him!"

Olivia had caught me red-handed. "Okay fine, maybe he's cute but so what if he gives me a nickname and we aren't dating? Sam and I were friends and I gave him a nickname."

"Correction, you and Sam were best friends. But you're bringing him into this when you obviously have an elementary crush on Krel? That's two different things Phoenix, do I need to spell it out for you?"

It was official, Olivia had lost me in her words. I rolled my eyes at her "elementary crush" comment. It was what she called people who like each other and are too shy to say anything.

"Olivia, you lost me."

She sighed in annoyance. "Curse my brain. What I'm saying is you need to do something about Krel." She then left my room, shutting the door behind her.

"You do know that conversation had nothing to do with asking him out right?" I hollered through the wall.

I sighed and spun around in my chair. Looking at the old paint peeling off my window I had the bright idea to paint something new.