Chapter five

There I was sitting in the cafe again, near the window while it drizzled outside, my phone charging near the wall, and Douxie sitting across from me.

"Well I'd say that was a pretty exciting night, don't you?" He smiled.

"Douxie...he kissed me."

"No way, did he really?"

"Well- my cheek, but yeah!" I crossed my arms.

"Well... Did you like it?"

I gave him a perplexed look and raised an eyebrow.

"I know- weird question!" He laughed. "But did you? Because that's important."

"...yeah...I guess, i- I don't know, D." I was confused by my own emotions.

*Zzz Zzz*

I looked over at my phone and picked it up.

"Is that him?" He asked.

I nodded before turning on my phone to read the message. I held my thumb to the fingerprint to unlock my phone and opened messages, tapping on krel's chat.

[Did you get home safe?]

[Yep!]
I lied.

[Good. Look about tonight, I promise I'll explain everything. It's just right now we've got a lot to handle.]

[Alright. Thank you krel]
I understood, but I was simply too curious.

"He says he promises to tell me Douxie." I explained.

"You've said that already, love." He chuckled.

"I did?"
He nodded.
"I just... I find it hard to believe." I sighed, putting my phone down.

"From what you told me, I can tell that krel has a good heart. I believe he will tell you when he can. What did you see anyways?" Asked Douxie.

"I just saw a blue flash of light and the next second krel had his hand over my eyes."

"Maybe they turned on their flashlights? I mean it's an alleyway what could you expect." He tried looking for an explanation.

"But then why cover my eyes?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe that's part of what he'll explain?" He shrugged.

"Do you have any ideas?" I asked.

"I... Have my thoughts you could say."

I nodded and looked down at a bracelet on his wrist, pure metal, ancient markings engraved on it....I wasn't even sure if it was a bracelet since it covered, like, half his forearm. The same hand had a scar that seemed to travel underneath said bracelet.

I've admired it before but he just said it was something he got at a ren faire.

"Well, I'm way past closing time and you should've probably been home by now. Want me to walk you home again?" Douxie asked.

After a moment of thought, I nodded.

"Alright... Hey, I have a question if you don't mind."

"What is it?" I asked with a hint of worry.

"Uhm.. would you be alright if I kissed your forehead?" He asked a bit awkwardly.

I chuckled, "no go for it, I don't mind Douxie."

" 'right then." He tapped the table with his finger, before standing up.

I smiled to myself thinking about how caring Douxie is. He's like that protective older brother I've always wanted but never had. And Krel...I still didn't know what to think, clearly there's more to him and Aja than meets the eye but...there's just something about him that just pulls me towards him.