Chapter Thirty

I looked around senõr Uhl's office as he spoke, Olivia was sitting beside me as she swung her feet in front of the chair.

"And so I shall be putting her in your classes, I trust you will catch her up on what she's missed and with her..." He cleared his throat, "Special skills in education, I believe she'll have no problem."

I cringed at the fact she'd be with me all the time now, I could only hope she wouldn't be as bad as I imagine

Throughout the day I seemed to be wrong about my worries. Most of the entire day, not once did she suddenly shout an answer. But whenever there was a chance she raised her hand, which was always followed by Krel, I can't say I'm surprised about that honestly.

It was all interesting to say the least, watching Krel and Olivia practically race against each other for who could raise their hands first. At one point it seemed like they were actually competing on purpose.

It was now the last 10 minutes of lunch, we were all hanging around. I was with Krel and Olivia while Steve was chatting up Aja...or at least, trying to.

"With four words, the Palchuk is gonna make your dreams come true. Me. You. Bon. Fire~"

Aja tilted her head as she responded, "What's a bonfire?"

I threw my hand to my face and shook my head. It was amazing how much these two still had to learn, and how even more amazing it was that Steve was even trying.

"How does she not know what a bonfire is?" Olivia looked at me, a confused expression covering her face. She then abruptly stumbled forward and turned around. I looked over and I noticed Eli standing behind her.

"Oh- I am so sorry! Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good, don't worry about it." Olivia knelt down and picked up a book he had dropped, as she handed it to him I had to hold back my laugh seeing that Eli was the same height as a ten-year-old.

"Thanks, I- I'll see you around." He continued walking but as Olivia watched him, she suddenly hopped once and quickly ran after him.

"Wait, you're Eli right!?"

I watched her catch up to him with curiosity and then the realization of why hit me. "Oh god..." I sighed with a chuckle.

"What is it?" Krel looked over my shoulder to see Olivia.

"I'm pretty sure Eli is going to be her first crush."

"Is that normal for young humans to have a crush?" Aja asked as she walked over to us, looking down at her phone.

"Oh most definitely," I replied, "though I can't say anything will happen, he's like five years older than her."

"Is age a bad thing?" Aja looked up at me.

"When you're young it kind of is."

Aja turned to her brother, "Little brother, I can't work on the daxial array tonight."

"What? Why?" Krel asked.

"The blond and primitive oaf asked me to go to a bonbon fire party with him. I really would like to experience this new human ritual!"

"He seems to have what the humans call "a crush" on you."

I piped in, "I can agree, although usually it's more subtle."

"Oh, so I must have crushed something when I kicked him in the face. Like how the Eli must have crushed something when he ran into Olivia!"

I raised an eyebrow at her explanation, "Yeah... something like that."