Chapter seven

"Now... Where would you like me to start?" Krel sat next to me with his arms over his legs as we were both perched on the slanted roof of the playground.

"Your planet. What's it like?" I was full of curiosity. Just like Olivia, I've always been fascinated by space and stuff outside our planet, so getting to hear about a completely different one from someone who lives there will be incredible.

"Well.. it's really blue." He chuckled. "The planet is made of energy-based technology. My sister and I- and everyone else there- are made of blue energy. Everywhere there's technology you might not even be able to imagine. The sky is purple and filled with more stars than you could count." He stared up at the sky.

"What humans call cars... We have flying, no-wheel versions I guess you could say. Hoverboards and a weapon called a serrator. When it rains, it pours acid!" He smiled as he looked over at me. "We have technology gardens and we have to put a special shield up whenever it rains so that way it doesn't get destroyed, that goes for us too!."

"That sounds incredible... " I was in awe. "So, does everyone have four arms there?"

"No, just the royals- which my sister and I happen to be. Everyone else has the normal two. But when you're from different planets, the rules are sometimes different." He explained.

"So...you're a prince?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah! Well I'm actually king-in-waiting, Aja is the queen-in-waiting. The day we came to earth was the day I was crowned."

"Wow, that's amazing. Do people- or Akiridion's have to bow down to you? Do you have special duties to pursue?" I leaned closer in curiosity.

He laughed, "no and no, at least not yet. But when I'm king- if I'll be king, I probably will have to."

I noticed the tone of his voice grow soft with those words.
"Do you not want to be king?" I asked.

"Not exactly..." He sighed, " I don't feel like I'd be ready for it, and I don't even know if I'd be good enough." He chuckled.

"Well you seem like a pretty great prince, I'm sure when the time comes you'll be a great king." I reassured him. "And if you still feel unsure you can always practice with me." I avoided looking at him and just watched the sky, he gave me a weird feeling before this but now it was more intense.

Maybe it's because I know I have to keep his secret? Or because I just offered for him to practice his royal skills with me? Or maybe... No it couldn't be, I don't like him do I?

"Thank you, but that's something I'll have to think about." Krel placed a hand on the back of his neck. Little did I know he was just as nervous as I was.

"So, why did you come to earth? I remember Aja mentioned something about having to evacuate right?" I changed the subject.

"Yes, but it's quite the story actually. To put it short, one of the generals who used to work for my mama and papa...he betrayed them and led a coup. When we escaped, our mother ship, who we call mother, flew us here and we ended up crash landing," his words were soft and uneasy, "Once we landed, mother uploaded files from your human database and camouflaged herself to look like your earth homes." He leaned back on two of his arms while the other two rested on his lap.

This seemed to be a hard subject to talk about for him...and I can understand completely, having your home attacked and having to flee to someplace new. That's a heavy thing to deal with.

"Well... If you ever need to talk about it or anything, I'm here if you need it." I offered.

"That would be nice...thank you Phoenix. You know, for a human you're really incredible, you are very understanding even though you are a completely different life form." His dark, yet electric-glowing eyes held the empathy.