Chapter Twenty-Seven

I sat down on the sofa as I looked around at the cafe. It was away from the usual spot we'd sit at as I felt like I needed a bit more comfort from douxie. Looking down at my phone I began to play with the stickers on the back as Douxie closed the last blind and picked up something behind the counter.

Looking up at him, the first thing I saw was Stitch, all clean and fixed up! My eyes widened and I reached my arms out in excitement. Douxie smiled and handed me my emotional support plush before sitting down next to me.

I hugged the toy and inhaled the fresh cleaning scent. "He feels even more bouncy, What exactly did you do"

"Well, maybe I did more than just fix him up. I restuffed him since his arms were gettin' a li'le flimsy."

I giggled, "Thank you Douxie."

He paused before starting to speak again, "Right then... what is it you need to tell me?"

The happy feeling dissipated now that I had to be serious. I stayed quiet, unsure of where to start from everything. "I um... I don't know how to start...I'm sorry." I forced a slight laugh.

"Hey don't apologize love." He put a finger under his chin with a hum.

"Let's start here, Does it have something to do with school?" He asked.

"Uh...no."

"Alright, is it trollhunting?"
I hesitated before nodding. I could feel years forming and bit my tongue as I didn't want to cry again.

"Okay... is it a problem with Jim?"
I shook my head.
"...Claire? Toby?"
I continued to shake my head.

Douxie thought for a moment trying to find what else it could be until he finally spoke up, "That...day when I asked you if Angor Rot hurt you and you said no... he did, didn't he?"

I looked down at Stitch as I tried to distract myself from crying. Yet despite this, I pulled Stitch closer to me as tears started falling down.

I felt so stupid and emotional and was tired of it.

I hummed in response and Douxie pulled me into a hug. Everything just came out and I couldn't stop crying again.

Douxie shushed as to help calm me, "It'll be okay... You can tell me when you're ready. Or better yet you can write it down, yeah? It'll be okay..."

I buried my head into him, feeling too broken to even feel embarrassed about crying...and yet I still felt so guilty about everything.

It took a long time for me to finally calm down enough to even speak again, and not wanting to risk breaking down again, I began to write everything down.

It took some time but...I wrote down everything that's been going wrong for the past few weeks, from the start of my stone leg to all the crying I've been doing. And Douxie read it all.

"Oh love... why didn't you tell me this before?"

"...I just... I didn't want to worry you." I rubbed my eyes.

"Phoenix you don't need to worry about that, it's my job to worry as your.. erm.. friend. You know what could help? I think you should pick someone to spend a whole day with just to clear your mind."

"You really think that would help?"

"Indeed, I mean look at how you were just after meeting krel and Aja, it can work again.'

"But Douxie... how can I even pick? I would love to have a whole day to myself with Krel, and even Aja. But then I think it'd be nice to spend a whole day with you. And what about Olivia and my aunt, that would be nice too!"