Chapter six

There seemed to be no skeltegs around and we had just reached the hallway that led to the courtyard. 'I guess they all really were in the cafeteria' I thought. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and glanced at the screen, only to see no messages from Olivia.

'These things only target electricity... Maybe her phone got eaten.' I thought, trying to think of a reason to not worry.

I followed the two outside to our lockers and Krel pulled out a whole boom box from inside his locker.

"Where the hell did you get a boom box?!" I was shocked to say the least, they were like... Vintage and probably pricey nowadays.

"Oh, I found it at Stuarts, he said I could have it." He proceeded to turn it over and look at the battery pack.

"Who's Stuart?" I asked, noticing I didn't pronounce his name correctly.

"Y'know, the guy we ran after yesterday?" Aja explained.

"Oh.. really?" I was very confused, considering we were literally chasing after him. Obviously I missed a lot, just more for krel to explain.

"Oh no- they've gotten to it!" Krel gasped.

"So you brought them to school?" Aja faced him.

"After you brought them to ear- Arcadia." Krel frowned.

"Ugh, just fix the box of boom little brother." Aja crossed her arms.

"Wait- wait, how did I not notice you walk in with a boom box?"

"You were to busy with your face against the locker." Krel pointed out before kneeling down and placing the electronic onto the ground.

"I'm surprised you didn't come storming over when Mary called krel "Kevin"." Aja remembered.

"She what?!" I looked at her in shock.

"Oh, yeah. And then we walked over to you. Speaking of which, you and Krel have been so blushy recently! What is that about?" She perked up.

"Aja, do not mention anything of the sort!" Krel raised his hand.
I blushed at the comment.

"Aha! I got it!" Krel turned on the boom box and a man yodeling suddenly started playing, exploding a skelteg that had happened to sneak up on us.

I covered my ears by the piercing music. We all turned around to where the skelteg was and saw a few more fly outside, right towards us.

With a tap of a button, krel changed the music to country rock and held the boom box above his head. "This is what I call music!"

Even more bugs started to fly towards us and he changed the music once again to hip-hop, turning up the music slowly as he jammed out.

It was kind of cute how he was dancing along to it. I reached inside my locker and grabbed my spare headphones, placing them over my head.

I looked to the doors again and the hundreds of skeltegs that were once in the cafeteria were now flying directly at us.

"I think we need to turn it up again, little brother!" Aja exclaimed.

Krel changed the music one last time and turned the volume to max. Loud techno music was now blaring and the skeltegs were exploding as they flew right into their death trap.

The only downside to this is we are now covered in the strange, glowing goop that those things exploded into.

Aja gaged," should we bring this thing back home or do you think Stuart has things under control?" Aja turned to Krel, holding her arms out only to see her little brother having the absolute time of his life.