Chapter One

Today's the day I finally move out home. I attended to a college in Ohio for Theatre, none of the colleges in my state involved the course, so I went for the nearest one which is fifteen hours away from my town. It's now 4am and I just got finished changing and packing. My parents were already awake and grabbed my stuff to take to my car. I took one box stacked above the other and walked off with them.

After packing them, I gave my parents a final hug and got in the car, starting the engine. I already said goodbye to my relatives and friend yesterday before the big day. I'm really going to miss home, but I'm more glad I'm going to be out of this fucking state to start a new beginning. Once I started the engine, I waited a bit and drove off, waving one last bye to my parents.

As we're all probably wondering, why am I even awake at four in the morning? I had the idea to wake up really early to attend campus in just a day before 8pm. I didn't want to make a stop to sleep at a motel just to drive again the next day. Besides, I can finally feel relaxed during the trip. Car trips are always my favorite part of leaving home no matter what. While I stopped at a red light, I quickly leaned over to the passenger seat, opening the compartment to grab a cd, blasting the music while I continued driving.

I heard my phone ring a few times as I turned down the volume before I answered who it is. It's just Reggie, a best friend of mine, calling. I picked up the phone to answer.

"What?"

"Well, good morning to you too, N/n."

I chuckled and continued chatting with him.

"I thought you were still asleep by now, why are you awake at this hour?"

"I just wanted to call you 'cause I already missed you."

"I miss you too, Reg. But hey, I'll promise to visit you whenever I can. Besides, you attended to a college that's not even far from me."

"I know that, but still. I wish we had time to hang out a bit before you left though."

"Dumbass, we hung out all day that time before I said my goodbyes for the next day."

"You know that's not enough," He groaned through the line. I slightly laughed. "By the way, when are you driving to Ohio again?" I asked him. "I'll start driving there on Monday," He answered. "What day is it again?" "Wednesday," I stated. He let out a hum in response and said he'll be going back to sleep. We both said bye and hung up.

I can't wait to start fresh for my new beginning.