Chapter Fifty-Six

Reggie
"I'm fine. I wish people would stop treating me like glass. I'm not gonna break," Sid said as Hallie, Gale, Dewey, and I stayed in her dorm. Hell, Ryan is also here. I haven't trusted the guy much. But if Y/n trusts him to change, I guess I could too. Dewey didn't mention Randy in front of Sid yet. We still haven't heard anything from the doctors. I walk over to Sidney, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Sid, it's okay to break. You shatter if you have to."

"What he said, girl." Hallie came beside me, resting her hands on my shoulders now.

[Sidney] "I'd really just like to be alone."

[Dewey] "The police are waiting outside. They're going to take you somewhere safe."

[Sidney] "Dewey, there's no such place."

[Dewey] "Humor me, Sid."

She gave in, already packing her overnight bag.
Hallie asks to come with her, but Sid refuses. She doesn't want to take anyone down, stating that she'll be alright to wherever she's going.
"Sid, I'll come with you."

"But who would operate your camera, Gale?"

Froze. Everyone did. We couldn't just tell her right now, it's not the right time. Inside, I still have hope for Randy to make it to survival.

A knock at the door broke our silence. As Dewey cleared his figure out, he revealed a police guard standing with Joel.
"He's cool, Remy," Sidney speaks. Joel ushered in, standing with Hallie.

"So—"he cleared his throat to speak. "The Sig Ep got Mickey. He's being toasted at the Deltas."

"What the fuck is he doing at the Deltas?" I asked him. I knew he was going to visit Y/n because he told me. Did he just ditch instead?

"All I know is that he came to the basement door over strange noises from what Derek told me. I knew that he went to visit N/n at the hospital, so I'm assuming he came back here to grab something before heading back...not until the frat boys found him and tied him to a tree after declaring his love for Y/n instead."

"Jesus Christ, we should get him down right now," as Hallie got up, I got up too. "I'll come along. Now I know he didn't ditch just to be at that Sig Ep party."

"You guys wouldn't mind another person coming along?" The three of us turned our heads to Ryan walking towards me. Before Hallie could even answer I said, "Sure", which made her grab me by the arm.

"Reggie, are you crazy?" She whispered. "How can we trust this guy?"

"I'm not sure either, but I'm going to try to count on him. If N/n can, then so can I."

"I'm still not sure this is a good idea."

"Everything will be fine, Sid," Hallie told her as she embraced her for a hug. "Be safe, okay?" The four if us ran out the hallway in search for Mick.

[Joel] "Okay, so what I know is that if he declares someone over something else, he'll have slimy gobs of food thrown at him."

"Just great," I said, continuing to run more.
"That's fucking disgusting," Ryan said.

"We can part ways. Reggie, you go with Ryan. I'll go with Joel." As the three of is agree, we went separately.

Mickey
Just great—again. I'm still tied to the tree. I've been covered in so much food that it almost looks like I'm wearing clothes. The last of the crowd had left, continuing to party at the basement. "I fucking hate you, Derek," I muttered. "Fucking. Hate. You!"

I check the chain that held me securely. Several bike locks and steel twine. No way in hell can I leave. I just want to go back to the hospital to see Y/n. I know they're worried why I'm taking so long. "I just hope they're okay."

Y/n
"Fuck this day! I'm not okay!"
I continue to run back to campus. A few minutes away from Windsor yet it just felt longer the fact that I'm still limping during my run. I just need to hide there. I need to be there.

Gale
It's a dark room. And not just any room, but in Derek's dorm room. Dewey and I slip in, sneaking inside and closing the door behind us.

"Jesus, Dewey, you broke the lock."

"Like how you broke my heart."

I only sighed. "What are we looking for?"

"A bloody knife. A ghost mask. Something like that?"

"Can we just turn the light on?"

"That's not the way it's done."
He takes out his flashlight and begins to search throughout the room. He stiffs through drawers and a closet.
"Besides, it's sexier in the dark."

"Dewey, you and I would never make it," I answered, chuckling just slightly.

"Maybe not. But think about the sex. As frustrated as I am..."

"And as lonely as I am..."

"We'd break some furniture."

I burst into laughter for a bit. I didn't want the two of is to get caught in here. I walked over. "Tell you what? We get through this one and we'll take out a hotel room. Over here with the light."

Dewey points his flashlight to a framed picture. It's of Joel and Derek—in a buddy pose. "They're roommates," he says. I walk closer and look through some textbooks on the desk. "And these are Joel's pre-meds."

"The sorority girl was gutted with autopsy precision."

Then it hit me.

"Shit! It's both of them, Dewey! The first murders were to throw us—using the same names as Woodsboro!  But they've moved on—they're getting closer to Sidney. They're not looking for a Himbry or a Tatum kill...They're looking for a new Tatum."

"It could possibly be Hallie."

At that moment, we ran out.

Y/n
I look behind. No killer. I feel exhausted and dizzy to the metallic smell of blood from my hand that I used to break the window. I'm really going to need a batch of bandages and a pair of handcuffs to prevent me from breaking anymore things from enragement.

"Somebody, please! Help me!"

"Is that?" I stopped and heard a woman screaming for help. There's a car several feet away, shaking with screaming.

"Sid!" I begin running towards the car while she continues to call for help...until she stopped as I arrived.

"Sidney?" More tears prickled from my eyes.

"Y/N!"
I scream as she approached the back window, banging aggressively with her fists. "God, Sid!"

"Get me out of here—please..."

As I let out a nod, she moves to the front. She has her hand behind, signaling me to follow up front. And I almost screamed when I saw the killer. She shushes me once she got out.

"Okay, come over here," I whispered, taking out both my hands. No matter how badly injured they are, I told her to form a tight grip to escape from the car.

HONK!

My back stiffens from the sound. Especially Sid's. Her face is a little more than a foot from the mask. And he doesn't move. He's out cold.

From what she sees.

She finally got out of the car and I took her hand to take off.

"No wait," she said, and she walks back to the car. "Sid, no!" I whisper, grabbing both her shoulders to turn her attention to me. "Look, let's just go. Dumb people get killed and smart people run. And we're both smart people, so let's just get the fuck outta here."

"No."

"Please, Sid. I can't lose you." I take both her hands while I prevent myself to cry.

"Y/n, listen!" I only stopped. "I'm tired of running...I want to know who is behind this."
And she left to the car, leaving me. "Goddamn it," I muttered, looking to my left and right. No one in sight.

Her eyes widen. And by that, I knew that he escaped.

"Sid?"

A hand grabs me from behind as I see a knife ready to aim at my chest.

"Sidney!"