Chapter Two

Two hours passed as it's already 6am. I started falling asleep while driving and almost banged my head on the wheel. God, I really didn't sleep well last night. Luckily, there was a gas station nearby. Turning to my left, I stopped at one of the stations to put gas also for it was almost empty. I forgot to fuel up my car when I was hanging out with Reggie.

I waited until I fully loaded my car, the price only being fifteen dollars. Putting up the gas, I ran inside the store to grab a pack of four monsters, a half gallon of water, and some snacks.

A line formed up as soon as I grabbed what I needed. I walked to the very back, not paying attention to the stuff around me until I saw a small TV behind and above the cashier. The news channel came on and the lady started talking about an interview she had with an author who wrote a novel based off two killers in California.

"Good morning to everyone who are awake at this time of hour! It is currently 6:11am and we just had an interview not that long ago with the lovely, Gale Weathers, the author of The Woodsboro Killers."

Ah, Gale Weathers, that's her name. I've heard about her during school. She's a hit to all the students who they all became intrigued about. I wasn't a big fan of news, yet I still watched some of her reports. They weren't bad, it was pretty good. I don't like the fact that she has a top tier kind of personality, but I guess it's all part of being a reporter, I think. The lady on screen started talking about her previous interview with Gale while the line started moving. I became a bit too distracted while the cashier called me.

"Hello? Hello?"

I turned around, apologizing for being distracted. She said it's all good while I started to place my items on the counter, dropping my half gallon of water during the process. "Shit," I muttered, bending over to grab it until a hand came in first. I stopped to see a guy wearing a blue sweater, grabbing the bottle, handing it to me.

"I think this is yours?" He asked. This feels like some fucking romance film taking place in high school. "Oh, yeah," I said. "It's mine. Thank you." I gave him a smile as he smiled back. I gave it to the cashier and telling her that I would like to pay for my spot where I put gas.

"The total is twenty-five dollars and thirty-two cents."

"I grabbed my wallet, getting out the cash while I handed it to the lady. She started putting my items on a bag after I handed her the exact amount. Grabbing the bag, I looked to my left to see the guy again. He still stood there until he turned his view to me, smiling again right after. I smiled back and gave him a wave, soon leaving the door. I got in and placed my bag on the passenger seat, putting on my seatbelt.

Once I drove off, I put on another cd, playing The Beatles while I'm at it. 'The guy from the gas station seems pretty nice to know' I thought to myself. Has some sort of ring to his vibe. I never got his name though, so I wonder how he's doing now. I chuckled to myself and continued listening to the band.

10:01am
I've been driving for four hours straight and I could feel my legs getting numb all of a sudden. Stopping in the middle of nowhere, I got out of the car to stretch and pop my back. A whole row popped almost three times as I was now able to breathe. Turning behind, I looked to see a sign. I pointed to scan for Ohio anywhere.

"Ohio, Ohio, where is it?" I asked to myself. While looking, I found the name only to see 700 on the right. "Fuck!" I yelled, my voice echoing. Getting back in the car, I continued driving.

12:22pm
I stopped at another gas station to refill my tank and headed back on the road.

1:00pm
I went on.

2:00pm
And on.

3:00pm
And on.

4:00pm
And on...

5:57pm
After driving for fifteen hours, I finally saw a sign that says 'Welcome to Ohio'. I yelled out in victory inside my car while I still drove to reach campus. As I finally got to my destination, I saw many cars in the parking lot, people grabbing suitcases or boxes of their stuff while walking towards the entrance. Once I got out, I see a girl with short hair to my right. She turned around and caught my eye on her. 'Oh shit, I stared,' I thought as I immediately looked around.

I looked to my side just to see her smiling a bit. She walked up to me, taking out a hand for me to shake.

"Hi," She said. "Oh, hi there," Answering back, I took her hand, giving her a shake. "I'm Sidney Prescott, very nice to meet you." I gave back a smile as I introduced myself to her. "I'm Y/n, it's nice to meet you too, Sidney." Once I let go, I asked her of she needed any help with her stuff. She said I didn't have to, but I told her that I wanted to help. Once she gave in, I grabbed a box and walked with her on campus. We talked for a bit, I now realize that she's taking Theatre, and she's already amazing to talk to.

We arrived at a dorm she's assigned to, placing her boxes in the room. To my surprise, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my attention to a tall man with a goatee and sideburns, wearing a red collared shirt with blue jeans.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else."

I chuckled and told him that it's fine. Sidney turned around and saw him. "Hi, Randy," She called him. So, his name is Randy? She walked up to him and gave him a hug, he hugged back as she pulled off a while after. Sid looked at me and started introducing him.

"Y/n, this is Randy Meeks. He's been my friend since high school."

I smiled at him and took out my hand for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Randy. I'm Y/n."

"Nice to meet you too."

After we dropped off her boxes, she asked me if she wanted to help to return the favor. Nodding my head, the three of us walked over to my car, grabbing all the boxes from my hood.