Alternate Ending pt 2

Part 2:
—————

You sat on the hospital bed, staring down at the wall as you processed your life that flashed before your eyes. Everyone in the theater survived and are doing well.
But now Mickey's dead and you still grew angry to the fact he would do this. He wanted to get caught, but decided to end his own life as he only thought about you. He did it for one reason.

He really was just trying to protect you.

As soon as you realized, you cried more. You look at the necklace he gave you on the counter. It shines from the light, and you remember the time he sang to you, bringing you for a kiss.

You remember the time you met him. You remembered how he would always tease you, joke around with you, sing with you when he played your favorite song.
You two grew so close in such a short matter of time. That is when you began to develop feelings for him.

You sobbed more as you remembered your first kiss with him. How you two waited for the time to end up together officially, only for this to happen.

Despite all this, you truly loved him. And now you have to move on, which you don't want to do.

"Despite everything, I still love him," you told Reggie. He doesn't blame you. He knows it's going to take a while to move on.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, N/n," he pulled you in for a hug. "It's going to be hard, I know. But he would want you to move on." He prevented to cry in front of you. Reggie is trying his best to stay strong for you. He doesn't want to make you cry more.
"He still loves you, and he did that to protect you."

Reggie is right. Mickey was protecting you at the end before his passing.

He was protecting you from him.

He didn't want to hurt you anymore.

And now he is hoping someone you might know could stay by your side, forever.

"But after everything, I'm glad you're okay," Reggie continued. "And we made it out alive. All of us." You nodded, pulling back as you two smile at each other.

"I should get going," you told him. "The doctor might come to my room." You left the room, kissing the top of Reggie's head before leaving.

"You're doing great now. But I recommend you stay in bed for a while until your body starts to function properly."

"Of course. I'll do that."

"Great. I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight."

The doctor left your room, shutting the door as you heard his footsteps fade, no longer hearing them.

You refused to stay in your bed. You would get up and check in everybody in the room since you all are in the same floor. Second floor.

Once you left your bed, you walked over to Sidney's room. You look through the window to check on how she's doing. She is wide awake, watching on the screen. She felt your presence behind and door and smiled at you as soon as she saw you.
You send her a wave and left, checking up in Joel next.

Through his window, he was reading a book, minding his own business. He was enjoying himself in the peace of his own room. You see both his arms bandaged while he flipped a page. He didn't notice your presence until you gently knocked on the window, grabbing his attention without scaring him.
You send him a wave, and he smiles at you, waving back before he continued to read his book.

Looking at Reggie's window, he was asleep. And you already checked on him, so you know he's doing okay.

You checked up on Ryan, and he walking across the room to get his legs working again. He was incredibly injured from below so he's been getting up and walking to overcome his pain. You smiled at him while his back was facing you.
As soon as he turned around, he smiled. You gave him a thumbs up, feeling proud of him to walk. He gave you a wave and continued to walk until he was able to walk straight for a second.