Chapter Thirty

Both Mick and I spotted Sid and Hallie selling toilet paper to the students around them. Several of them made their purchase to it. Mick takes a hold on my wrist while we head towards her, Hallie also heading towards her direction. "Sid!" I call for her name as she pockets her change. She replies with a smile that soon disappeared shortly after. Turning around, there stands Gale.

"Hello, Gale."

"Sidney. Hello. How are you?"

"I'm okay. People magazine won't stop calling but other than that-"

"I'm sorry."

Mickey moves me out between the two, just in case there would be some argument. Derek later came by to see Sid and stood back to not interrupt the two.

"Yeah, well... you are the definition of mixed emotions. I really should hate you... I see your movie's getting good reviews."

" It seems to be causing a stir. What's with the toilet paper?"

"It's hell week. I'm pledging the Deltas."

"It's good to see you involved."

"My morn was a Delta."

Reporters and spectators caught their eyes on both Prescott and Weathers. They started crowding around, watching the two interacting with each other. "Sid-" One of the journalists blocked my way which started to irritate me. Behind Sid stood Joel and Randy. I look at Randy, eyeing him with a 'what's going on' look. He still has no clue, especially Joel. Once Gale laid her eyes on then, she gives them a nod, the camera lights lit.

"Randy? Joel?"

I stood watching the scene happening with reporters blocking my lane to enter and move Sid out from the pit. Something is going to happen, I just know it. Someone, a brunette, and very tall, stood behind Randy and Joel. From her looks, it meant she already knew him.

"Cotton..."

"Hello, Sidney."

"Cotton?" Mick whispers beside my ear, making sure he heard what she said. "That's the man who was framed." Shit, this isn't alright. Why would Gale even bring him here? She's going to feel uncomfortable for god's sake. Derek was behind Sid. Getting his attention, I signal him to hold onto her. She looks at Gale with pure rage, ready with the urge to hit.

"You BITCH!"

Gale moves back, a small smile forming around. I push reporters out of my sight, marching to Sidney. "Hey, hey, it's okay." Derek holds onto her as she tries to get out.

"Sidney, share with us please-"

SLAP!

"Holy shit!" I ran to get her away from Gale to prevent anymore violence. But damn, that was pretty satisfying. "Okay, okay, okay..." I push her aside while Derek pulls her back. Hallie came, talking to Joel holding the camera.

"Did you get that on film?"

"Yes I got that on film."

I signal Randy to pick her up, he nods and helps her off the ground.

"Wow, that was a pretty satisfying slap I gotta say." I let out a small laugh, coughing it out to stop. "But hey, what the hell just happened?" I told Derek he can go while I got this covered. She took my hand, taking me to a nearby spot to sit.

"Fucking Gale just brought the man I wrongly accused without telling me."

"That man, you said his name, Cotton, right?"

"Yeah, Cotton Weary."

"Sid, I'm really sorry this is happening to you. If only reporters could stop harassing you and at least fucking understand how uncomfortable you feel about this. That'll never happen because they only part they have in mind is just the murders and all this that just happened."

"It's fine, really. I'll just have to get used to it again. But did she really had to bring him? It's not going to go well after last year." She rests her hand on her forehead. She's clearly stressed.

"Don't worry Sid, you got me, Derek, and Dewey, and Hallie. Can't forget her." Two of us let go of a laugh. "I'll talk to you later, okay? By now, Mick is probably waiting for me."

"Reggie is right. When are you two going to he together?"

"When did he said that!?" My head whips to her view. She only laughed. "Kidding. I'm kidding. Except that you and him made a bet at the drugstore."

"That gossipy-wait, please don't tell me he told you?"

"He did."

"God, Reggie. Why?" I smile and left off, both Sid and I parting ways. Mick was fidgeting with his video camera around, recording the outside around him. "Hey N/n." A smile appears when he begins to take a footage of me. I smile in return just to see his fade in a short amount of time. Turning around appears Gale.

"Gale?"

She formed a small smile that shortly wore off.

"Is there anything that you need or-"

"I just need to talk with Sid."

Mick and I blink multiple times. "Why?"

"If you could just-"

"No." I took a deep breath before I continued on. "Look, Gale. Sid is just not having it at this time, alright? Did you even get her permission to bring Cotton here? Because I know damn well you didn't and never even told him that." Her mouth gapped open, yet nothing came out. "It's just best if you leave her alone. She's been through a lot. It was nice meeting you though, but still, just give her a rest." I walk off with Mick, the two of us leaving her.

Randy and Joel stand by near a tree, both putting down their equipment. "Hey, what did Gale say?" Randy ran up to me, asking.

"She told me she wanted to talk to Sid. I told her no."

"I wonder why she even wants to talk to her right afterwards." Mick continues fiddling around with his camera. "There's no way she's going to apologize that shortly. It's not even about apologizing."

"We didn't even know she was bringing Cotton up to this. That was unexpected."

"I don't blame you guys. I didn't even know he was released."

"Neither did the two of us." Joel points to him and Randy. Mick did the exact same only to him.

"Sid is probably going to need some pain relief pills in case a headache forms. I have a feeling she's going to call."

Riiiing!

"Knew it." I take out my phone from my pocket to answer. "You rang?"

"N/n, it's Sid. Sorry to bother you, but could it be alright if you don't mind buying me some pain relief pills? I'm developing a headache."

"No problem, I'll go get some for you right now, if that's okay."

"Sure, not at all. I'll tell the teacher that you'll be running late. I can give you some money when I arrive-"

"It's fine, I'll use mine."

"You sure?"

"Totally! I'll be on my way at this time. See you soon." I hung up and took Mick's wrist. "Where are we going?"

"To the drugstore."

"Suddenly, I am now going."

"Because of that blondie, right?" Randy sent a smirk. Joel looks like he's ready for some drama. Why not invite the two also?

"Joel, Randy, you guys wanna come too?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"I don't see why not." Joel shrugs as the four of us walk our way.