Chapter Thirty-Nine

After getting ready, I leave the door as Mick and I go outside campus. I spot Reggie from afar, with Derek and Randy. Tears prick from my eyes to be glad seeing him again. "N/n!" He found me and ran up to me, tackling for a hug. I quickly hug him back before he moved, his hands resting between my face to check for any harm Ryan did last night that he didn't see.

"Are you okay? You okay?"

  I nod and brought him back for another. "I'm fine, Reg. I'm okay." Reggie smiles and begins to lean to leave a kiss on my head.

He didn't seem to notice any marks resting on my neck before he left off with the two. I have my jacket on from yesterday, so it covered the bottom between the crook. A pair of arms sneak up from underneath, telling me it's just Mick. He pulls me closer and left a kiss on my cheek, trailing them to my lips to leave a quick passionate one.

Every one of us, even Reggie, drove to the police station. Derek was being interviewed about the night in a different room while Hallie sat across from us, being near Reg and Randy. Mick sat near me and he seems pretty calm about the situation. "Mick, you seem pretty calm about this."

He looks right at me, a small smile forming. "I'm just trying not to let you feel scared. But trust me, I'm scared inside." Releasing a chuckle, a hand laces with mine. "We'll be fine. I promise. They're just going to ask questions, nothing else." As no one was looking, he left a quick kiss on my cheek. His hand still laces with mine as he brought me closer, embracing me for a hug.

"Mickey Altieri, you're next." After a few minutes, Dewey calls for his name. Mickey gets into a sitting position after hearing his name coming from who is by the door. Another small smile jumps out. "I'll be back in a minute. Just stay here. You'll be okay." Before leaving, he takes hold onto my chin, pulling me for a quick kiss until he left. Again, no one saw. Well, except for Dewey. Now he knows. I'm surprised how the gang didn't.

Sid sat beside me. She's tired and has her head resting in her hand. I haven't seen Derek after he left and assumed he went with Reg, Randy, and Hallie until I turned around to find him behind me.

"N/n, what happened last night?" He sat down on Mick's spot, leaning closer while waiting for an explanation.

"It was hell last night, Derek." I move my whole body to his view, revealing the bandaged arm from the left sleeve. "Sid was stuck inside, I went in to track the killer down, he slashed my arm, ran off."

"Why did you try to track the killer down? It's dangerous!"

"I know. I know. It's just that I wanted Sid. About Ryan, the blondie soda jerk at the drugstore..."

"Him? He was there?"

"Apparently, he's friends with Paul. I'm not sure anymore. Haven't seen Paul in the morning."

"He was still asleep."

"Ah. Well, he stopped Randy before he could do anything. That was before he found out. Everyone saw, I ran off, I wanted to be with Sid, then shit just happened. Mick got mad but we made up."

"I'm just glad you two are alright." He gave a quick hug that I took in return. "Also, what did you mean you and Mick made up?"

Ooooh, shit. "Oh, well...it's a long story."

"What's a long story?" I jump to the sudden sound from behind, and it's just Mick. He left the interview. He said, "They only asked a couple of questions and released me off the hook." once I asked him how it went.

"They're going to need you though. Be careful, alright?" As I nod, he left another quick kiss before I got up from my seat, leaving. I sat down on an empty chair in front of Dewey and a detective. "Hey, Y/n." I send Dewey a small smile along with a quick wave. "We're only going to ask a few questions, just like Mickey, and then you'll be off if anything is alright.

I nod and before he began, he wanted to ask an unrelated question just in case.

"For your information, does Mickey happen to be your boyfriend?"

"We're still not sure whether or not about our relationship is either dating or still getting prepared for one."

"So you guys are just taking this slow before you commit, right?"

After having sex for the third time, you can consider 'taking things slow' as a good explanation. "Yeah, slow."

"Alright, just wanted to know. You two seem very close and I must've assumed you two were already dating."

"It's fine. He's just been very close since."

Dewey sends a smile and begins to answer questions. Asking if I ever knew Cici, what happened before her death and what happened when I was attacked. I didn't have a close connection to Cici, what happened at the party was something, and the killer ran off after slashing a deep cut on my arm.

It only took a minute and Dewey told me I was free to go. He told me I didn't suspect anything, but he's going to need to talk to Ryan and asked me if I even had his number before that event. I never did. I only met him at the drugstore and that was that.

"Why do need to question him?"

"If he's friends with both Randy and Derek's roommate, Paul, then he must be able to know Cooper before she was dead. Randy told me her and Paul knew each other back then in middle school and met Ryan a year after. Either introduced him to her, or didn't, there would still be a possibility. All three of them have lived here for their entire lives. That's something I didn't know until last night."

Now, I have to bring him here for questioning and it's not good. "Look here, Y/n. I'll come with you if you want. The rest can stay here while we look for him." I only look down. "I know what you're thinking, and I know you don't want to see him again. Just stay behind me and don't look. Look for a drink or snack if you want while I distract him. Or not, I'll still look out for you."

"I find it surprising that someone I just met a week ago is suddenly protective." He gives out a chuckle and places a hand on my shoulder. "Just doing my job, you know?" I nod, sending him a smile. "Thanks, Dewey. I appreciate it."

We got up and decided to drive over towards the drugstore and find Ryan. I have to go for one reason. If Dewey goes with somebody else, like Mick, he wouldn't want to answer. Going in is the only option I can do.

We leave the door and find Mick and Derek talking to each other. "Mick," I call for his name, grabbing his attention. "Dewey and I are going to the drugstore and-"

"Hold on. Just hold the fuck on. Why are you going to the drugstore when you know who is going to be there?"

"Mickey, it'll be okay. I can watch over them."

"Look, Riley. Whatever it is, I cannot bring them to that blondie. They've been through too much that night."

"Mick, look at me." He looks as I cup his face. "It'll be okay. I promise. It's the only option I can go for. If Dewey goes with someone else, he'll refuse to answer." He sighs, but he stops once I kissed his cheek. "We'll be back shortly. Stay here with the rest, tell Reggie I'm leaving for a few minutes." He nods and places one more kiss but on my forehead this time. Both Dewey and I left and went inside his car so he could receive some answers.

Mickey
"Did you just kiss Y/n before they left to get interviewed?"

"Shut up, Derek. You have a slow mind."