Chapter Nineteen

Mick has his arms wrapped around my waist while the two of us relax on his bed with the time now 12pm. Every few minutes, he would exchange kisses to the forehead or cheek. He started leaning closer to kiss my cheek until I made a turn, resulting him to kiss my nose. I let out a quick laugh as I brought him closer to give him a quick kiss. I tried pulling back but his grip on my waist tightened, pulling me on top of him.

I finally pulled back and admire his features. He sends off a warm smile, soon caressing my cheek as he lands his thumb onto my lips. Instead of kissing him, I rest my forehead on his.

Knock knock

"N/n? Mick?"

"Shit that's Randy!" I whisper as I got off Mick, grabbing my shirt from beside. Once Mick puts on his sweater, I clear the door to reveal Randy standing by. "Hey Ray, what's up?" I lean my body towards the frame. Hearing Mick follow by, a weight came crashing on my head which happened to be him resting his chin above. "Sup."

"Where or what were you two at or doing in the morning? We didn't see you guys at the cafeteria."

I gaped open my mouth to answer until Mick spoke. "We decided to try out breakfast from the drugstore."

"Oh, the one with the soda fountain inside and the sudden blonde-headed soda jerk who works there?"

"Wait a minute how do you know that?" I asked him. "I once went there to buy some medicine when I had a sore throat and we talked one time. Him and his dad own the drugstore, but his dad is never really there during the weekends." Mick and I spoke an 'ah' in response. "The gang is waiting by the fountain. You guys wanna come with?" I smile at Randy and moved myself out of the way from Mick to grab a vintage leather jacket my stepdad had in high school.

Slam!

"Fuck!"

I quickly look around spotting Mick's face hit the door frame. "Oh," I murmured out. "My bad!" He turns around, sending an annoyed expression while he rubs his face. "Not a problem." Randy bursts out in laughter, Mickey leans forward, tackling him. Knowing how Mick is, I ran over after putting on my jacket.

"Apologize, Randy!"

"Why me though!?"

"Mick, you leave my bestie alone!" I jump from behind as I pull Mick from Randy's terrified figure. "What the hell N/n!?"

"I said leave him alone. You know he didn't mean to."

"Those are fucking lies." He turned around pointing at Randy. "Lies!"

"Mick, you're overreacting. Calm down." I pinch his cheek while he hissed in slight pain. "Ugh, fine." I got off him and right by the second, he tackled him Randy again. "Mick you dumbfuck are you serious!?" I slap the back of his head. "Sorry," He said as he turns around to see that I'm deadass serious. "Sorry." He quickly and quietly spoke, turning around.

I sigh and grab his wrist while the three of us walk towards the fountain. To my surprise, Reggie is there.

"Reggie?"

He looks away from Hallie and saw me. He rose from his spot, walking over for a hug. "Hey Reg, didn't expect you to be here on a Sunday!"

"My roomie got sick today and his girlfriend is watching over him. I'm just trying not to catch a fever." The two of us laugh. He greets Mick and sat back down. "Nice jacket."

"Reg you know I wore this jacket for years."

"You did?" I gave him a 'don't play dumb' look. He ruffles my head, chucking. "Alright, you caught me. So, what were or where were you or at in the morning?" The two of us sat down, Mick followed and sat beside me. "Just with Mick."

"Oh, what did you guys do?" A smirk creeped into Reggie's face. I tried not to let the heat launch through yet for Mick he's slightly blushing. "Easy there hippie. We just went out for breakfast at the drugstore." (Yes, Reggie is also a hippie and I think they're cool)

"The one with that blondie soda jerk working there?"

"How?" Mick concernedly asks. "I went there one time when I first arrived here in Ohio. That guy is really talkative."

"Seriously," Mick mumbles to the fact that it is true. "That is pretty true," Randy even told us. "But aren't soda jerks talkative in their jobs?"

"I mean yeah, but not that type of talkative."

"Fair enough." Randy shrugs it off. "He sure is talkative alright." I whip my eyes over on Mick.

"Why what did he do?"

'Goddamn it Sid, I love you and you know that but fuck!' Mick points a finger at me. It took her a while to realize that the soda jerk was hitting on me. "No way really!?" Her, Reggie, and suddenly Hallie yell simultaneously in shock. "Wow, you're really getting in the game then N/n!"

"I wouldn't say getting in the game for that to be honest Hal."

"Again? Come on, there's an opportunity!" I grab Reggie's shoulder while I glance at him. "No, like he's trying too hard to get my attention by handing me drinks on the house and laughing at my jokes."

"When did that happen?"

"In the morning Derek. In the morning." Mick leans his body against my back, almost crushing me beside Reg. "Mick I swear to god-" Reggie places a finger in front of my lips inches away. "Do not swear in the name of the holy spirit."

"What he said." Laughing and high-fiving each other, I push Mickey off and soon popped my back to relieve the stiffness. "Mick you really need to stop because you're just about to blow their back out." I froze, slowly landing my gaze on Mick while a smirk slowly forms on his face.

"Derek, who the fuck says it like that!?"

"What do you mean by that Hallie!?"

  Hallie points out the phrase that made Derek realize the meaning.

"Everyone says that even without the sexual shit! You all are just dirty minded!"

"Hey don't bring me on this." Mick raises his hands in defense, especially Randy.

"Randy don't even. You thought about that as well."

"Quiet Reggie, I just don't want anyone to know."

"You just exposed yourself you know..."

"...Shit!" Everyone of us began to laugh, then later talk more near the fountain.