Chapter 1 The Story Begins (Overhauled)

Ruby Rose said, "Hey dad, I'm just heading to the dust store."

"Alright Ruby, be careful," Tai said to his daughter. "These days, the Kingdom and the Faunus are at war. If you see any suspicious people, just run away."

"Okay dad, bye!" Ruby turned and left the store, walking down the dusty road in the direction of the dust store. She began walking down the road when she heard a voice behind her.

"Stop!" the voice said.

Ruby stopped dancing to the song she was listening to and turned around, noticing a hooded man pointing a gun at her.

"Give me your money and your scroll," he demanded.

Ruby finally noticed and chuckled. "You want it? Then come and take it."

A fight ensued in the dust shop. Ruby knocked the gun out of the robber's hand, but he grabbed her head and slammed it into the ground, knocking her out. He dragged her into a dark alley and attempted to rob her. Using her semblance, Ruby escaped from his grasp. She awoke to find herself surrounded by darkness, trying to make out the figure next to her, but unable to.

"I shouldn't have done that," Ruby said. She saw a blonde woman with a dominatrix aura radiating from her, wearing an outfit of a teacher and holding a riding crop in her hand. This woman was Glynda Goodwitch.

"Oh my gosh!!! Are you a real Huntress!?" Ruby exclaimed.

"Yes, I am," Glynda replied. "And you are a real boy."

"I'm not a boy! Just because I have short hair doesn't mean I'm a boy."

"Okay, whatever you say," Glynda said.

"Now, now, Glynda," a man with sleek hair and a cane in his hands patted Glynda's shoulder. This man was none other than Professor Ozpin.

"You have great potential. I can see it in your eyes. Would you like to join me at Beacon Academy?"

"Well, I don't know. I mean, I'm not really a student. I'm a..." Ruby thought carefully because this could be a golden opportunity.

"I'm a Huntress," Ruby finished.

"Yes, you are," Ozpin smiled. "We'll take care of you. You will be one of the youngest Huntresses to ever get into Beacon. So that means you will be joining your sister Yang, am I right?"

"Yes, she's already in there," Ruby confirmed. "Brilliant! You should tell your father. Until we meet again, Ruby." The woman's figure disappeared in a puff of smoke, and the alley was filled with the sound of clapping. "Thank you very much for saving my dust store!" the owner of the dust shop said. "Would you like to come inside for some tea? It's on the house."

Ruby looked at the doorway of the dust shop and saw a staircase. She joined him for tea, then headed back home to tell the wonderful news to her father.

"Thank you," Ruby accepted the offer for some tea. "I'm glad you like it," the shopkeeper smiled. "Would you like to stay for dinner as well?"

"Sorry, but I have to get back home before my dad worries about me," Ruby explained.

"Of course. I understand. Best of luck, Dust Girl," the shopkeeper smiled and began walking away. Fast forward a few days later to Ruby on the airship with her sister Yang flying to Beacon. They arrived in the courtyard of the school, with the airship settling down.

"Glad you could make it, sis," Ruby said as she stepped off the airship.

"I'm more glad to know my little sister got a recommendation to Beacon by Headmaster Ozpin himself," Yang said as she patted Ruby on the back.

"Let's go meet our new classmates, shall we?"

They walked together into the courtyard of Beacon Academy, which was filled with beautiful flowers and tall trees. On the sidelines, a mysterious student was watching the sisters talk with each other. This student was Cardin Winchester, a tall, boyish-looking kid with short brown hair and a wicked-looking sword hanging on a leather strap around his neck.

"This is Churchill to Overlord, I have eyes on the subject code-named Rose," Cardin said into a microphone just under his clothes.

"Rose?" Overlord asked.

"How many girls named Rose do you think there are in this school?"

"Quite a few," Cardin answered as he looked around the courtyard at the other students.

"I doubt that's the case here."

"Why do you say that?"

Cardin replied, "Because I checked the records. She is the only one with a weapon named Rose here at Beacon Academy."

Overlord's voice was heard through the microphone. The sisters continued walking through the courtyard to the main building of the school. "This is Churchill to Overlord, I'm heading into the academy to enroll. Wish me luck," Cardin said as he joined the other students. "Good luck."

Ruby and Yang walked up to the main building with excitement. The school was huge, and it took about an hour to get there. Ruby looked around in awe. "This place is amazing!" she exclaimed.

"I know. Isn't it great?" Yang replied.

"I want to stay here."

"I know. Me too. I think we should stay here."

Ruby wondered how Headmaster Ozpin would test the students that year. She couldn't contain her curiosity. "I wonder how Ozpin will test the students this year?"

"I don't know, but I hope it's a good one," Yang said.

"Me too. So, do you think we should go talk to our new classmates, or do you want to head to our dorm first?"

"It's too late. They have already started. Let's head to the auditorium."

They walked up to the main building's main staircase, which had a large golden orb affixed to the center. They made their way to the auditorium, where Ozpin was waiting for them.

"Alright, everyone," Ozpin said, addressing the gathered students. "I think you all know each other. Your names I don't know, so just introduce yourselves." Ozpin instructed the students before continuing, "After that, we will continue with the initiation."

Ruby and Yang found empty seats and sat down among the thirty students already in the auditorium. Each student introduced themselves, and Ozpin gave some last-minute instructions. He informed them that they would be tested on their ability to survive and work together, launching them off a cliff to find a castle and retrieve a chess piece that would determine their teammates. Ruby felt a mix of excitement and confusion.

"Just sit down," Ozpin repeated. Ruby and Yang followed his instruction, spotting three people sitting together and watching them. Ruby briefly wondered about their suspicious behavior but brushed it off. Ozpin gave final instructions, and soon they were launched into the initiation.

Ruby and her team retrieved their chess pieces, forming Team RWBY with her sister Yang, Weiss Schnee, and Blake Belladonna. They explored the school, made friends with other teams like JNPR and CFVY, and continued their journey at Beacon Academy. Meanwhile, unbeknownst to them, a war was being fought between secret organizations of darkness and light, with another group observing from the sidelines.