Chapter 11 Tempus Requiem

It's the weekend, and Team RWBY and Team JNPR are chilling around in the Beacon gardens. Team JNPR is just asking what happened in the fiasco of Mountain Glenn. The three teams are chilling in the middle of the large group, with Ruby, Yang, Weiss, and Nora on one side and CFVY on the other.

"So what did you find out?" Nora asked, "You wouldn't believe what the White Fang had going on in Mountain Glenn," Ruby continued, "They planted their trains with bombs and planned to drive them toward the old subway system connecting Vale and mountain Glenn."

"How did you find that out?" Jaune asked. "We were going there because we discovered small White Fang activity in the area, but who could've known that that was their base of operations?" Ruby finished.

"We are in a Faunus tolerant area, are we not?" Velvet asked. The teams turned to look at her, "She's right," Yatsuhasi said, "The White Fang have no reason to focus on Vale. More Faunus here is against the White Fang than with them."

"Yeah, what's the point of attacking a place that's more Faunus-friendly?" Ruby asked.

"What if it wasn't about the number of Faunus?" Velvet said,"Yeah, how could they even bring so much manpower to the table?" Weiss said.

"That's a good question," Blake replied, "I think we need to continue investigating the White Fang, find out who's behind all of this and what their motives are."

"What about the mission?" Ruby asked, "What are we going to do about Mountain Glenn?"

"We can't do anything about it now," Blake said.

"Wait, Blake..." Weiss huffed, to which Blake sighed.

I guess it's my turn to explain something else about myself."

"Honestly, I'm not surprised," Nora shrugged. "You always had this sense of mystery surrounding you."

"Don't worry, I will tell them," Cardin appeared behind Blake, which almost startled her.

"She's a spy, who she serves, I'm not at liberty to say. But she has been spying on Beacon for a while now. Specifically, on Ruby."

"That's totally not creepy," Coco said sarcastically.

"I'm serious," Cardin replied, "She's a spy. They send her back and forth to do their dirty work, to gather intel, to make sure nothing interferes with their plans."

"And you're heading this?" Pyrrha asked.

"Ask anything more about Blake, Ruby will never see her mother again," Cardin said sternly, generating gasps from everyone, especially Ruby.

"What!?" Ruby shouted in disbelief.

"It's not just her own safety on the line, but also others," Cardin continued, "If this information leaks, we will have to sever all ties." He then pulled out a smartphone from his pocket and handed it to Ruby.

"Keep this safe," he instructed, "This phone is connected to a secure network that allows you to communicate with your mother. But remember, if this gets out, your phone will be rendered useless."

"Got it," Ruby said, taking the device.

"Now," Cardin said, "Back to the matter at hand."

"Mt. Glenn," Yang said.

"I have reason to believe that my cell's cover has been blown. So this is the last bit of intel I will give you. The White Fang was planning to use those dust to open holes in the Mt. Glenn subway network and punch through the sealed station in Vale."