Chapter 3 Uneasy Alliances (Overhauled)

Beacon...
RWBY's Dorm...

Sunlight streamed through the window of Team RWBY's dorm, painting a warm glow across the room. Ruby, ever the early riser, was already bouncing on the balls of her feet, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Are you guys ready for your first day at Beacon?" she chirped, her voice barely above a whisper.

Blake stirred slightly in her bunk, her ears twitching at the sound of Ruby's enthusiasm. Yang, ever the night owl, remained firmly tucked under the covers, muttering something incoherent about needing more sleep. Weiss, surprisingly, was the first to rise. She adjusted her sleep-creased uniform, her usual frown replaced with a determined expression.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she declared, her voice laced with anticipation.

Across the hall, Team CRDL woke with a different kind of energy. Cardin, his eyes gleaming with a determined glint, reviewed his notes on Blake Belladonna. Russel, ever the skeptic, raised doubts about their plan. Sky, still nervous about the entire operation, fidgeted with his Scroll. And Dove, the voice of reason, urged his team to remain focused.

Their paths were destined to collide. As Team RWBY navigated the bustling halls, their vibrant energy seemed to clash with the stoic demeanor of Team CRDL. Cardin, seizing the opportunity, approached Blake with a practiced smile.

"Belladonna," he greeted, his voice smooth as butter. "Fancy seeing you here. Welcome to Beacon."

Blake, wary of his sudden friendliness, offered a curt nod in response. "Winchester."

"So, how are you settling in?" he continued, feigning camaraderie. "Beacon can be a bit overwhelming at first, wouldn't you agree?"

"It's manageable," Blake replied, her voice laced with suspicion.

"Well, if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask," Cardin offered, his gaze lingering on her a beat too long.

Yang, sensing Blake's discomfort, stepped forward, her usual fiery demeanor on display. "Back off, Winchester. We don't need your help."

Cardin held up his hands in mock surrender. "Whoa, there's no need to be hostile. I was just trying to be neighborly."

The tension in the hallway was palpable. Ruby, oblivious to the undercurrent of hostility, chirped in, "Maybe we could all have lunch together sometime! It'd be a great way to get to know each other better."

Weiss, ever the pragmatist, scoffed. "That's a terrible idea, Ruby. I can already tell we won't associate well... with them."

Blake remained silent, her distrust of Cardin growing with each passing moment. Sensing his opportunity fading, Cardin flashed a charming smile at Ruby.

"Maybe another time, then," he said, his voice dripping with false sincerity. "Enjoy your first day at Beacon, ladies."

With that, Team CRDL retreated down the hallway, leaving Team RWBY to ponder the encounter.

"That was weird," Ruby muttered, scratching her head.

"He was definitely up to something," Blake said, her voice hardening. "Don't trust him, Ruby."

Weiss rolled her eyes. "Clearly, she doesn't. But thanks for stating the obvious, Belladonna."

Yang, ever the peacemaker, interjected. "Alright, let's not dwell on them. Today's the first day of classes! We should be focusing on that."

And so, with a united front, albeit a slightly fractured one, Team RWBY continued their journey through the halls of Beacon Academy, unaware of the storm brewing in the shadows. Team CRDL, meanwhile, regrouped in their dorm room, a frustrated air hanging heavy in the air.