Chapter 23 Phone call

White House, Washington DC...

Inside the White House, the tension that had gripped the room began to ease as the reports of the successful clearance of the Grimm threat reached the cabinet members. The President, flanked by his advisors and top military officials, listened intently as the situation was relayed.

"Mr. President, I am pleased to inform you that the Grimm presence in New York City has been neutralized," the military representative stated with a hint of relief in his voice. "The combined efforts of the armored division, led by Captain Summer, along with the assistance of the SEALs, proved to be effective in eliminating the threat."

The President's eyes lit up, a mixture of pride and concern evident in his gaze. "Summer... my wife... she led the charge? Is she safe?"

The military representative nodded reassuringly. "Yes, Mr. President. Captain Summer led her team and the SEALs with exceptional leadership and skill. They successfully collaborated with the armored division and brought an end to the Grimm incursion. I can assure you that she is safe and accounted for."

A wave of relief washed over the President, and a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He turned to his cabinet members. "You all have witnessed the strength and resilience of Captain Summer firsthand. Her bravery and dedication have been the bedrock of this operation. I want to extend my gratitude to her and the entire team for their unwavering commitment to protecting our nation."

The cabinet members nodded in agreement, acknowledging the remarkable feat achieved under Captain Summer's command. The Secretary of State spoke up, "Mr. President, the armored division's success in New York City suggests that additional units may not be necessary at this time. The immediate threat has been neutralized, thanks to their valiant efforts."

The President's gaze hardened, reflecting his resolve. "Very well. We will focus on supporting the recovery efforts in New York City and ensuring the safety and well-being of its residents. Captain Summer and her team will play a crucial role in this process, alongside the brave men and women who have served on the front lines."

As the meeting continued, plans were set in motion to provide aid and resources to the devastated areas. The President's heart swelled with pride, knowing that his wife had played a pivotal role in defending the nation. He also recognized the sacrifices made by the armored division, the SEALs, and all those involved in bringing peace back to the city.

Outside the White House, news of the successful mission spread rapidly, fostering a renewed sense of unity and hope among the American people. They hailed Captain Summer as a symbol of strength and resilience, not only for her military leadership but also as the First Lady of the United States.

In the days that followed, the nation rallied behind the recovery efforts in New York City. Captain Summer, supported by her team, worked tirelessly to ensure that the affected areas were rebuilt and that the people received the assistance they needed. The President stood by her side, providing unwavering support and drawing strength from their unbreakable bond.

Together, they navigated the challenges of rebuilding and healing, inspiring the nation to rise above adversity. Captain Summer's role as both a military leader and the President's wife became a testament to the indomitable spirit of the American people, forging a path toward a brighter future.

A few days later...

The President found solace in the privacy of his office, away from the prying eyes of the public and the weight of his responsibilities. As he sat behind his desk, the room bathed in the soft glow of evening, he received the latest satellite reports from NASA. The images displayed on the screen revealed a world unknown to him and the rest of humanity. It was Remnant, a planet filled with awe-inspiring landscapes and unfamiliar creatures.