Chapter 19 The Tale of Continental

Summer sat down beside their two daughters. Holding a book that was passed down through generations.

"In the early days of Remnant, before the tale of the 4 Maidens, and the Shallow Sea, when the world was young and the Grimm roamed free, the Brother Gods looked upon their creation and saw that it was out of balance. The forces of darkness were too strong, and the people of Remnant were on the brink of annihilation.

To restore balance to their world, the Brother Gods searched for a way to bring a powerful force of good to Remnant. But since the power needed to view into other universes was massive they can only view through a few different universes and their ability to travel through time was limited. Their search led them to a planet, unlike any other in Remnant. The continents were home to powerful magic and ancient technologies that could change the course of history.

But as the Brother Gods watched from afar, they saw that the world the continents were located in was consumed by war. The great nations of the world were locked in a never-ending conflict, each striving to gain the upper hand over the others. They searched different eras but found only war."

1812

Borodino...

The God of Light and the God of Destruction stood side by side atop a hill overlooking the battlefield of Borodino. They watched as the armies of Napoleon and the Russian Empire clashed below, their soldiers fighting and dying in a brutal, bloody conflict.

The God of Light sighed as he watched the carnage unfold. "Why must they fight like this?" he asked the God of Destruction. "Why must they spill so much blood and cause so much suffering?"

The God of Destruction shrugged. "It is the way of mortals," he replied. "They are creatures of conflict and chaos. It is in their nature to fight and kill one another."

"But surely there must be a better way," the God of Light said. "Surely there must be a way to bring peace and harmony to the world."

The God of Destruction snorted. "Peace and harmony are ideals, not realities," he said. "There will always be conflict and chaos in the world, no matter how much we may wish otherwise."

As they spoke, the battle raged on below them. The soldiers fought and died in a never-ending cycle of violence and bloodshed. The God of Light watched in horror as the bodies piled up, and the wounded cried out in agony.

"Let us go... Perhaps the next era is a more peaceful one..." The God of Light said.

1916

Somme...

The God of Light and the God of Destruction stood together once again, this time on a hill overlooking the battlefield of the Somme. They watched as the British and French armies clashed against the German forces in a seemingly endless war of attrition.

The God of Light was dismayed as he watched the carnage below. "Why must they continue to fight like this?" he asked the God of Destruction. "How can they continue to believe that this is the path to victory and peace?"

The God of Destruction merely shrugged. "It is the way of mortals," he replied. "They are creatures of conflict and war. They believe that might makes right, and that victory is worth any cost."

The God of Light shook his head. "But at what cost?" he asked. "Look at the destruction and devastation they are causing. The lives lost, the families torn apart, the very earth itself scarred and desecrated. Surely this is not the way things should be."

The God of Destruction said nothing, merely watching as the battle raged on below. The sounds of gunfire, artillery, and dying soldiers filled the air. The stench of death and destruction was almost overwhelming.