Chapter 13 Cold Waters

Sea of Souls, a few miles from Patch...

As the USS Viper, USS Phantom, and USS Alicorn traveled deep beneath the waves, the sound of the water rushing past their hulls was the only thing that could be heard. Captain Sarah Reynolds of the Viper, Captain Daniel Lee of the Phantom, and Captain Simon Davis of the Alicorn were on high alert, knowing that danger could lurk around any corner.

They had been sent on a top-secret mission to investigate strange disturbances in the ocean, and rumors had been circulating about underwater creatures, unlike anything that had ever been seen before. The mission was shrouded in secrecy, but the captains knew that they were going into uncharted waters.

As they descended deeper into the abyss, they began to encounter the creatures of Grimm. These terrifying beings were unlike anything they had ever seen before, with dark, twisted forms and razor-sharp claws. They seemed to be able to move effortlessly through the water, their movements both graceful and deadly.

Captain Reynolds quickly ordered her crew to battle stations, and the Viper surged forward to meet the creatures head-on. But the creatures were too fast, too agile, and too powerful for the submarine to take on alone. The Phantom and the Alicorn quickly joined the fight, launching torpedoes and depth charges at the creatures.

As the battle raged on, the captains knew that they were in for a long and difficult fight. But they were determined to protect their country and their fellow citizens from the threat of the Grimm. They knew that the fate of the world was in their hands, and they would stop at nothing to ensure that the creatures of Grimm would be defeated once and for all.

For the United States of America, the Vytal Festival Tournament was just the beginning of their long road to liberation, and the beginning of a new era, where hope for a brighter future could flourish. The Vytal Festival Tournament was the biggest event of the year in Remnant. And they find themselves in danger from the creatures that slowly stalk below the waves. Children young enough to be their sons and daughters are faced with the threat of unusually large amounts of water-type Grimm.

In the sonar room of the USS Phantom, Petty Officer First Class Maria Hernandez sat intently at her station, listening to the underwater sounds picked up by the sub's advanced sonar system. The room was dimly lit, with only the glow of the instruments illuminating her face.

As the battle raged on outside, Hernandez's heart raced as she tried to make sense of the chaos in the water. She had never heard anything like this before. The Grimm creatures seemed to be communicating with each other in a language that was both eerie and incomprehensible.

Suddenly, something shook the sub, causing Hernandez to lose her balance and fall to the ground. She quickly got back up, knowing that she had to keep her focus on the sonar readings.

She relayed the information to the bridge, informing the captains of the movements and locations of the Grimm creatures. The captains used this information to maneuver the subs, launching torpedoes and depth charges to try and take down the enemy.

As the battle continued, Hernandez's eyes were glued to the sonar screen, her fingers moving quickly over the controls. She knew that the fate of the sub and its crew depended on her ability to interpret the underwater sounds and movements.

Despite the chaos and danger all around her, Hernandez remained calm and focused, determined to do her part in defeating the enemy and ensuring the safe return of the sub and its crew.

Ever since the transference, they no longer encountered fast attack submarines but fast and easy-to-kill Grimm. The US Navy started implementing depth charges on their submarines so that they could deal with the smaller Grimm without wasting torpedoes.