Chapter 9 Glenn Mountain Complex

Ozpin's Office, Beacon...

"And that's what happened." Ironwood finished explaining to Ozpin the incident that occurred last night. It involved one of his students saving the day by preventing her from finishing whatever she was doing. Little did they know... They were too late...

What made the CCT tower so dangerous and the greatest weapon the United States had against Remnant was that it was connected to all the servers in the kingdom. Including military... You only had to break one firewall to gain control of all Remnant, but thanks to Ruby's intervention, Cinder would only gain limited access. The servers were backed up and the best they could do was to see what Cinder had seen.

"Uhm... Hello..." Ruby shyly greeted.

Ozpin, Ironwood, and Glynda's gazes were now on Ruby, which made her feel even more nervous."Please... Sit." Ozpin gestured for Ruby to sit down.

Ruby did, and she watched as Glynda, the most intimidating of the three, pulled out a datapad and began typing away.

"According to the security cameras. You managed to prevent a saboteur from accessing the CCT." Ozpin said, building up to a point.

"Yes...""Then you must tell me everything." Ozpin said firmly.

"I don't know what to tell you. She fought with glass, but every time she attacked, she lit up." Ruby said.

"Then do you know who she was?"

"She didn't tell me her name."

"She also said something about a base in the southeast."

"thank you very much for your input, Ruby. You may go." Ozpin said

They all looked at each other.

"We have a lead. Now we can retaliate by sending in the troops." Ironwood exclaimed."Why do you always treat everything like its a contest of measuring dicks." Glynda frowned."I'm afraid he's right. But we shouldn't be too hasty. This could be a false positive from their real goal.""We have a chance to strike a blow at them and you're just letting the-" Ozpin stopped Ironwood."As a general, you must know this is war, so who should we be sending first? The scouts or the flag bearers."

Beacon Hangers...

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and the lake was just as serene as always.

That is until team RWBY broke the silence. They managed to get the mission on Quadrant 5, which leads to Mountain Glenn southeast of Vale. The one huntsman guiding them on their mission is Dr. Oobleck. The mission was only for 2nd-year students, but since Ozpin saw no point in preventing them in the first place. He relented.

"I didn't take you for a fighter, Dr. Oobleck." Weiss said.

"I'm not. Why would you think I would not be a fighter? Of course I would call myself more of an intellectual. Due to my expertise in history, Ozpin saw it fit to assign me this particular assignment.""What does history have to do with this?" Weiss asked.

"You single-handedly insulted all of Vale with that question! The southeast quadrant is home to the kingdom's greatest failure." Oobleck said.

"Mountain Glenn!" Yang joined in. "It was an expansion of the kingdom which miserably failed. It stands abandoned and a constant reminder of the dangers of grimm."

"And the perfect hideout." Blake said.

"Exactly. It's the perfect hideout for a certain organization"

"I think we should take the road through the woods." Ruby said.

"Good idea young lady!" Dr. Oobleck aid in his usual drill sergeant tone.