Chapter 7 Shadows' Involvement

Undisclosed Warehouse, Vale...

Blake and Sun are standing outside of a warehouse with three scratches on the wall. They are trying to infiltrate a white Fang meeting so they can learn more about their plans.

"Are you ready?" Sun asked.

"I am."

"Alright, let's go."They walked through the warehouse door, and once again, they went their separate ways into their respective locations.

"An awful lot of volunteers here." Sun said shakingly. "If our cover is blown it's our heads ya got that Blake." Blake simply gave a nod.

"BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! You have all gathered here today to be a part of something greater that can't be achieved but by blood and iron." The speaker said.

"He's right in all the wrong ways." Sun said, "Freedom can only be achieved through blood and iron, but what they want is superiority and vengeance rather than equality." Blake silently agreed with Sun.

"For those who are new here. Allow me to introduce a comrade of ours." The speaker then gestured for Roman to step forward.All of them began jeering."What's a human doing here!?" One recruit screamed."Don't worry. I'm more or less a mute. I won't be able to hear your thoughts." Roman said. Neo glared daggers at Roman as she spun her adorable deadly umbrella. "I'm not worried at all."Roman replied to the mute's annoyance. He went on to give the most terrible hate speech one could ever think of. Not evil, terrible cringe terrible. An all lives matter member gave a more compelling hate speech than this bozo. But as he finished his speech, he presented them with an Atlesian Paladin.

"We need to stop them." Blake said. "Uhm... Sorry to bother you. But Torchwick sees us." Sun said, pointing to Roman's wandering eye."Into the sky lights now!" Blake screamed as she shot the breaker, causing it to go out.

Somewhere near Patch...

"Sir, we have a situation." An operator in front of a computer screen said. "Put it through." The screen displays a large mecha robot bursting through the warehouse doors. "Get in contact with Churchill and put Splinter under his command." The commander ordered. "Yes, sir!"

"Splinter 2 actual, this is overlord do you read?"

"This is Splinter 2 actual to Overlord we read you."

"You are under command of Churchill. He will be giving you a briefing shortly."

"Understood."Lt. John Pierce looks to his men,

"Rico grab that Javelin Roma with me. Hurrah!"

Red Light District, Vale...

Yang's phone began to ring as she picked it up. Screaming could be heard from Sun."HELP!!! WE'RE BEING CHASED BY MASSIVE EVIL ROBOT!!!" Sun screamed over the phone, nearly making Yang deaf. "Slow down what's the matter?" Just then, an Atlesian Paladin ran right past them. "What? Where are you?!?"

"The skyway!"

Vale Skyway...

Blake and Sun jump from car to car as the giant metal robot piloted by Roman just rammed through the cars. The iron behemoth shoved cars away without a care in the world."He's catching up on us." Sun said.

"Sun, hey, Sun?" Sun heard Cardin talking from his earpiece. "We're in a bit of a pickle here!" Sun said over his earpiece. "Splinter is moving in to support but you have to drive him away from the civilian population." Cardin ordered. "Got it!" Sun replied. "Blake! We have to drive him off the skyway." Sun screamed. "I'm working on it."

Splinter 2...

"Jesus... Multiple possible civilian casualties!" Roma said. "We can't engage if they can't get it off the skyway." Rico replied. "Target is moving Southbound. Attempting to pursue." John replied over the radio as they take out their concealed big bikes to pursue the stolen Paladin.

Roma drives as he follows the massive robot through the city. The robot could mow down buildings and trees with its high-speed servos. The big bikes would be able to outrun anything they encountered.

"This is Churchill to Splinter unknown rider entering ao she is friendly over."

"Copy that."

Yang and Neptune continue chasing down the stolen Paladin when suddenly, three unidentified riders came up beside them. "Who are these guys?" Yang asks. "I don't know." Neptune replied. Then one of them made a hand signal, and he started shooting at the Paladin. Yang and Neptune got the message, and Neptune started opening fire on Torchwick.

"I'm not the one getting squashed by a Code Geass rip off!" The driver of the three unidentified bikes shouted as he started shooting at the Paladin. The iron giant took a few bullets but didn't slow down. Then Neptune charged at the thing before getting thrown off the skyway. Weiss joined in and froze the road so that the Paladin would slip and fall off. Sure enough, it did.

he rest of team RWBY arrived and created a temporary smoke screen. As they began to fight it in the blinding smoke, Splinter managed to set up a position for its Javelin."Target identified... Target locked..." Rico said. He then looked to John.

"Kaboom?" Rico asked.

"Yes, Rico, kaboom." John said.

A sound of a rocket launching spooked the girls. So they retreated just in time to see it hit the Paladin. A large boom is heard as the damage proved fatal. Team RWBY gathered around the destroyed Paladin... Hell... Destroyed wasn't doing it justice; it was simply a pile of scrap metal. As the smoke cleared, they realized the Paladin no longer had its piloting pod, which means Roman escaped. Now all their attention was directed at the shadows before them."You're welcome." Roma said.

"Hey! You're not leaving this time." Yang growled as she grabbed John's arm. "You will answer our questions or I will break your arm."

"Don't worry cus its not like we know your fathe-" John didn't get to finish cus he was immediately punched by Yang. "We got a wise ass over here!" Yang growled as the rest of the shadows pointed their weapons at Yang. "Yang... I recommend you not do that~" John said to her. "And why is that?" Yang questioned. "Because thanks to your Aura. You lack the natural instinct of preservation and don't realize that one shot from this thing can shatter your Aura." John said. "I'm not leaving without an answer."

John sighed. "Fine. So you want an answer? Here's one: I'm British."

"British?"

"NOW!!!" John screamed as one of his men threw a flashbang, and they used the confusion to slip into the sewers. "Damn... I feel like Mario and Roma's Luigi."