Chapter 8 Secret's Out

Beacon Arena...

The next day Pyrrha and team CRDL are duking it out in the arena under Glynda's supervision.As expected, Pyrrha defeats Cardin and his team singlehandedly. Cardin moves back to the stands while Glynda congratulates Nikos.

"Very good, Nikos," Glynda remarked. "I have no doubt you have what it takes to participate in the tournament."

"Thank you, ma'am," Nikos replied.

Pyrrha sits down next to Ruby as she says to Ruby. "I thought you guys weren't coming to watch me."

"Yeah, well, we didn't want to intrude," Ruby replies.

"You didn't intrude. Don't feel bad."

"Thanks, Pyrrha"

Is there anyone else who would like to volunteer?" Glynda told the students sitting in the bleachers.

"I would!" Mercury said.

Very good let me set up an opponent for you."

"Actually, I would like to fight her." Mercury pointed at Pyrrha.

"I'm afraid you wil-" Glynda was cut off by Pyrrha.

"It's fine," Pyrrha said.

"Very well..." Glynda sighed.

Pyrrha and Mercury then get into a heated battle. They fight with such passion, it's even more intense than when they fought last time. They fought for long periods of time. Until Mercury raised a hand.

"I forfeit." Mercury casually said. Pyrrha just looks at him in shock.

"Just like that?"

"Yes, you are clearly a better fighter than me there's no way I would be able to defeat you."

"Then I declare Ms. Pyrrha Nikos as the winner of this match once again."Meanwhile, at the bleachers, Cardin shakes his head."Big mistake..." Cardin huffed.

"Huh?" Blake, who was sitting next to Cardin, looked at him, confused."Did you seriously not see what he did there!?" Cardin asked.

"What do you mean? He said it himself, Pyrrha is too great of an opponent to Mercury."

"He was testing her abilities... If a huntress is so easily provoked. Then they might as well give all their secrets." Cardin stood up.

"I need to talk to you... meet me behind the school." Blake nodded and went to go talk to her partners.Cardin shook his head. "I'll be waiting for you there."

Somewhere in Beacon...

When Blake arrived at their meeting place, she saw Cardin waiting in the back alley patiently. It doesn't take a genius to know that Cardin was fuming.

"What are you mad for?" Blake asked directly, not wanting a long argument.

"Are you fucking kidding me!? I thought you were smarter than that. Barging into a White Fang meeting rather than investigating the whereabouts of our agent who is still missing." Cardin shouted. "Do you have any idea how much political capital and favors I lost saving your asses!" Cardin huffed. "I want to know how Tukson is doing. I want to know if that bitch killed our agents!"

"I owe nothing to you!" Blake said.

"But you owe it to Tukson for getting you out of the White Fang." Cardin replied."But after we find Tukson. I'm done you can't order me around anymore." Blake glared at him."Not until you tell what's in it for me and what you're planning."