Chapter 22 Steel Division(Ma4ked for overhaul)

Remnant

The White House, Washington DC...

In the hallowed halls of the White House, the President sat in the Oval Office, surrounded by a team of advisors and intelligence officers. The atmosphere was tense, with the weight of the nation's uncertainty pressing upon them all. The door creaked open, and a high-ranking military official entered the room, carrying a folder filled with reports and photographs.

"Mr. President, we have gathered new intelligence regarding the unprecedented events in New York City," the military official began, his voice measured and filled with concern. "Following the nation being engulfed in a wall of light, we have observed the emergence of black pools throughout the city."

The President leaned forward, his gaze fixed on the official, silently urging him to continue.

"These pools appear to be the origins of a new threat, creatures that materialize from the darkness within. They are known as the 'Grimm,' and their appearance coincides with the dissipation of the wall of light."

A murmur of unease rippled through the room as the gravity of the situation sank in. The President's eyes narrowed, a steely resolve overtaking his features.

"What do we know about these creatures? How are they being contained?" the President inquired, his voice tinged with urgency.

The military official adjusted his stance, ready to deliver the latest information. "The Grimm are highly aggressive, relentless, and pose a significant threat to civilians and our forces alike. Our military and combined operations have been engaged in fierce combat to neutralize the threat. They are utilizing all available resources, including armored divisions, air support, and specialized teams."

The President nodded, absorbing the information. "And the progress? Are we gaining the upper hand?"

The official's expression hardened as he relayed the ongoing efforts. "Our forces have made significant headway in containing the Grimm. They have pushed back the initial waves and established defensive lines to protect key areas. However, the situation remains fluid, and we are engaged in a constant struggle to keep the threat contained."

The room fell into a brief silence, the weight of the nation's fate palpable. The President rose from his seat, his gaze unwavering.

"Make it clear to our forces that we stand united in this fight. Provide them with all the support they need to eliminate this threat. Our citizens must be protected, and the city must be reclaimed from these dark forces."

The advisors nodded in agreement, their determination mirroring the President's unwavering resolve.

As the briefing concluded, the President's voice echoed through the room. "Our nation has faced challenges before, and we have always emerged stronger. Together, we will confront this darkness, restore hope, and safeguard the future of our great nation."

With those words, the President and his team prepared to rally the nation's resources, combining military might, scientific expertise, and the unwavering spirit of the American people to combat the encroaching shadows that had fallen upon New York City.

As the tension in the White House briefing room hung in the air, an aide burst through the doors, breathless and wide-eyed. The room fell into a hushed silence as all eyes turned towards the newcomer, awaiting their urgent report.

"Mr. President, we have just received a bewildering update," the aide began, their voice filled with a mix of astonishment and concern. "Large contingents of military personnel from our active bases abroad, spanning various branches and specializations, have suddenly converged on the outskirts of New York City."