Chapter 6 The Interest of the Spooks

Team RWBY's Dorm...

Team RWBY finally returned to their dorm, exhausted after spending a full day training. However, Blake was more exhausted from conducting an investigation in her head rather than the training itself. She sat on her bed with her scroll in her hand and her headphones on. She was deep in thought when Ruby walked into the room.

"What were you thinking about?"

Blake was suddenly pulled out of her imagination when Ruby broke the silence. She hesitated to respond, but Weiss was having none of it.

"Come on, what were you thinking about?"

"Our studies. Of course!"

"You're a damn liar!"

"Well, what else do you think I'm thinking about?"

"The White Fang. Those strange mercenaries we met."

Blake sighed. she didn't want to make her team worry about what was essentially her problem.

"It's just... Everyone seems so calm," Blake said. "The White Fang is up to something, and this is far larger than us.," Blake huffed.

"We shouldn't worry, after all. Ozpin said that he and the VPD are handling it." Ruby suggested.

"But they don't know the White Fang as I do, and who were those people that have been hunting the White Fang?" Blake looked outside.

"I know lurking around and hunting down one corrupt and one covert organization is fun. But let me be the voice of the reason. We are just students this is better left handled by the experienced huntsmen." Weiss said.

"Fine," Ruby shrugged.

"Good," Weiss said.

"We'll go after the White Fang tomorrow."

"That was the opposite of what I expected from a leader!" Weiss huffed, "Fine, it could be fun..."

"Yeah!!!" Ruby screamed. "We will be one of the youngest huntsmen to put a stop to the White Fang"

"I hope so."

"Me too," Weiss replied.

A few days passed with Team RWBY investigating the White Fang in Vale while also digging up whatever they can on those strange people. They seem pretty advance, so they must be trained mercenaries rather than bandits. After much investigating, they found several leads from the dust robberies, but Blake received a call from Cardin about a mission. Thinking she can get more out of Cardin, she agreed to meet alone.

"So, I have a mission you may be interested in..." Cardin said. "It better be good," Blake replied. "I promise you... It will..." Cardin leaned on his seat. "Ever wonder who gave you that fake passport?" Cardin asked.

"I always wondered about that," Blake answered. "I never found out, though."His name is Tukson," Cardin said. "He helps other White Fang leave the organization from time to time by giving them false passports."

"Is this certain?" Blake asked.

"Certain?" Cardin said, "Of course. I've never known him to lie to anyone."

"No, that wasn-" Blake sighed.

"He came to be a friend of mine he was like an uncle to me until I left the White Fang abruptly without telling him." Blake said guiltily.

"Well, he's been off the grid for a while now. I'm worried something happened to him." Cardin said. Blake was shocked.

"HE WAS WORKING FOR YOU!?" Blake screamed.