01| THE NEW WIFE🌸

Jimin has never felt so much anger surge through his body like this day. He cannot believe his father even suggested something like this to him.

"I said no dad."

"Jimin, do you even see yourself right now? You need a mom in your life son please."

"I don't need anyone. I have you and that's enough."

"It's not enough son. I don't recognize you anymore, since your mom left us you have never been the same and this cold exterior of yours is killing me. That's not what your m-

"Do not even mention mom in this. She's not here and I was a child, I don't have to act like everything is okay because my mother is not here and I don't want another mother."

"But Min, please try to understand what I'm feeling. I can't stay alone too. It hurts you know. Thinking about Lily everyday, how my life, our life could be now if she was still here it's weighing on me and 13 years is a long time, we have to move on." Mr Park tries to make his son understand that they both need a woman figure in their cold home but Jimin will not accept that. It pains him to look at his son's eyes and doesn't see his bubbly social butterfly of a son but a cold hearted man who's overworking himself as a coping mechanism.

"How dare you say that? I will never replace my mom with anyone. You wanna get married then go ahead but don't make it seem like it's a me thing because I'm fine without a mother. You can go get married dad. Seems like you forgot about mom but I never will." Jimin shouts at his father in so much pain.

He's unbelievable. How does he expect me to accept someone else who's going to try and act like my mom? Replace my mom? Take her place? I don't want to forget about my mother so I can't accept this.

Jimin's mind runs a thousand thoughts at once making him despise the thought of a step mother. He will not do that to the fading memories of his mother.

"Jim-

"I'm outta here. Do whatever the hell you want." He walks out on his father, slamming the front door shut making Mr Park flinch. He groans in frustration because he never wanted to upset his son. All he ever wanted is to make his baby boy come back to him. To feel happy again since he failed to do that for him alone.

__________________________

Few hours later

Jimin went out of the house in a rage filled fit and never contacted his dad for the past 5hours. It's almost midnight and he knows his dad will be stressing out and worry about him until he atleast says something. He picks up his phone ontop of the bar counter of the club he went to since he left.

Jimin:

Dad, I'm sorry about what I said.
I'm fine, please don't wait up.
Mom will be pissed at me for making you feel this way.
I'm sorry but I can't replace my mother. You can marry whoever you want but I just can't accept a step mom.

Dad:

Jimin where are you? Are you okay? You've been ignoring my calls for the last 5 hours. I'm worried about you please come back home.
It's okay I will never bring up the marriage thing just come home. I can't lose you too. Dad can't lose you son. I can't. Lily would hate me.

Jimin bangs his head on the counter for making his father feel like shit. It hurts him to know that he's sacrificing his years and happiness for him but yet he's so ungrateful for that. What would mom want!? He asks himself and clutches his phone to his chest.

Jimin:

I'm sorry Dad. For you I'll do this. I know you've been seeing someone so I hope she makes you happy. Go ahead with the wedding.