5| THE NEW WIFE🌸

Jimin wokes up groaning and grunting due to a throbbing headache. He opens his eyes and squints them back due to the light seeping through his opened blinds. He rubs his eyes with his tiny fists and cracks them open one by one, adjusting to the light. On his bedside table, there's an energy bar, glass of water, 2 painkillers and a cute little tube of strawberry lipgloss.

He automatically licks his dried chapped lips and right there gets why his dad brought him a lip gloss.

But why strawberry flavour though?

No why lip gloss??

He shakes his head and ignores the questions in his head. He takes the bar and chows it down then take his pain meds to relieve his headache.

"Where the fuck are my clothes?" He asks himself when he gets up from the bed feeling the cold tiled floor under his feet and seeing that he's down to his black Supreme briefs only.

Dad always leaves me with shorts or sweats on.

I guess he was too tired to deal with my drunk ass again.

Everything is so weird but he brushes it off again because it's his fault for stressing his father out and spending three days overworking himself at the office and coming back home drunk without even a message or a phone call.

He heads to the shower but doesn't feel sticky or sweaty like most days. He takes a quick shower and thanks whoever made weekends because he doesn't have to go to work today.

Jimin walks down to the kitchen to get his breakfast started but finds the whole counter spread with food from pancakes to bacons and eggs, noodles, hangover soup, fruit salad and a jug of juice. His mouth waters and tummy growling that he digs in right away without a care in the world or questions for who made this.

It's obviously dad.

Kayla comes down the stairs and pauses mid way seeing Jimin down at the kitchen eating his heart out, taking big bites of her fluffy pancakes and stuffing his chubby cheeks full. He swallows.

I thought he hated my pancakes

He finishes 4pancakes amd takes another two from the big platter stacked with them. He doesn't even concentrate on the other food around the counter but those pancakes and juice.

Kayla smiles to herself and feels a sense of relief wash over her. My step son likes my food. She squeals and heads back to her room not to disturb grumpy baby's eating moment. He needs to eat alot since he's starved himself the past 3days.

She texts Jihyun who left her yesterday to attend business meetings in the States for a week. She didn't want to stay here alone with Jimin who clearly hates her but Jihyun begged her not to leave him alone and said they'll have some time to get to know each other well.

But that wasn't Jimin's plan

Jihyun💖

I told you, Jimin is a sweet boy.
He'll warm up to you baby
don't worry

Kayla☺️

He looked so cute
with his bread cheeksies
stuffed with food.
He's so adorable.

Jihyun💖
He gets that from his mom.
Lily always had fluffy cheeks
like that. She was so adorable.

Kayla☺️
I guess you're right.
I have a shipment arriving soon,
can we talk later?

Kayla doesn't really know how to respond to that because everytime they talked Jihyun always brought up his late wife. Yes they were married and got into a beautiful son together, lived a happy fairytale life but she's his girlfriend now. His fiancée but he can't see that he hurts her feelings everytime he does that. He's clearly not over his late wife.