07| THE NEW WIFE🌸

To say Jimin was baffled is an understatement. Taehyung as well because both their eyes blew up ten times bigger and their jaws dropped.

"Kay-Kayla? What are you saying?" Jimin's voices comes out shaken in a whisper. She looks back to him with tears in her eyes and down her cheeks. He knows that it makes too much sense right now. The long brown curly hair, hazel brown eyes, thick plump lips and caramel skin, her pretty long lashes and small nose just like his ex Layla.

Layla..Kayla.. Twins..makes so much sense that's why he-

"Three years ago I got into a terrible car accident. I came back from Malaysia where I was on a break from my studies only to surprise my sister and my brother.
I missed them so much, we spent a year without seeing each other so I really wanted to see them again unfortunately I was involved in a hit and run leaving me for dead. I still remember the smell of blood, burning tyres, diesel, the excruciating pain in my chest.
How I couldn't breathe and move, the way my seatbelt harshly dipped into the skin of my neck as I watched the car that ran me over speeding away. I was helpless so I gave up. Closed my eyes and waited for my death to slowly wash over me.
I only remember waking up from the hospital after a whole month. I woke up in a different place from the last scene I remember and my parents showed up infront of me looking pissed off and disgusted in me. They didn't seem relieved to see their daughter wake up from a bad accident and surgery. They didn't even say anything but shook their heads and gave me nasty looks then walked away from me.
I remember calling my mother but she kept walking and never looked back at me. My dad shut the door behind them leaving me there hopeless and hurting physically and emotionally. I wanted to see my siblings so bad. I knew they would have atleast hugged me and showed me they missed me and worried about me but Layla and Jin weren't there." She looks down in shame and humiliation, feeling so small and defeated with her shoulders slumped.

"Jin?"
"Yeah! My older brother. He's enlisted in the military last year. I only leave voice messages for him every now and then. He gets back to me sometimes. Atleast I still have him you know." Kayla sniffles and sobs balling her fists so hard making her cut palms to drip out more blood on the floor.

I insulted her for no reason. She was talking to her brother this morning. Fuck
Jimin mentally connects the dots and feels his heart hurt at his bad behaviour towards her minutes ago.

"My sister was sick all this time but she never told me."

"Layla was never sick what are you talking about?"

"She was."

"No she wasn't. We worked together at this little café. I just wanted a part time job after college. She was our manager there. She always talked about her sister KayKay and brother alot. She was always smiling so sweetly to everybody, looked so happy and bright. When I fell inlove her she was completely fine and we dated for a whole year before she disappeared on me. She ghosted me, never texted back, never picked my calls. Nothing. She broke my heart and left like I meant nothing to her. She just gave me a hug one day and said, I'm so sorry Jimin and that she loves me. I- I..

His voice cracked and he clenched his jaw to bite back his tears. Taehyung sees the pain in both their eyes. This is so sad. Ever since Layla ghosted Jimin they always assumed she had died because they never found her again.

"Layla left him forever since that day on the 13th of November 2021. Jimin was broken so badly. He just had something solid that made him happy. She made him so happy ever since his mother died 13 years ago the only person that managed to bring back his smile and happiness back was Layla."

"Is that why you hate me?" Kayla asks Jimin who only looks away with a deep frown on his face. He gives her a cold shoulder all over again.

"Is that why you hate me so much for no reason? It's not because you don't want a new mother right? It's because I remind you of her. I look like your girlfriend, I look like my sister who you fell inlove with that's why you said I disgust you. When you look at me you see her, reminds you of how she left you all alone-