03| THE NEW WIFE🌸

"Eomma!"

Jimin sniffles and sobs on Kayla, squeezing her tighter and tighter like how his heart is hurting. She rubs Jimin's arms that are tightly holding her in place.

"Jiminie? What happened?"

"Eomma! I missed you so much." He hiccups and cries harder and after effects of the alcohol hitting him hard. "Momma why'd you leave your baby boy for so long? I've been hurting so much without you. P-promise me mom, promise you will never leave your Jiminie ever again." His warm alcohol breath hits Kayla's neck mixed with trails of tears running down from her neck to her chest, soaking her top.

Her heart constricts in pain for the boy holding her and crying his heart out. If only he was sober to know that it's not his real mom. She tears up and untangles Jimin's hands from her waist. She turns around and met with a heart shattering face. Jimin's glossy eyes swollen and red-rimmed, tears staining his flushed blush pink cheeks, his nose are red and he's looking straight into her eyes. He can't clearly see through the tears in his eyes.

"Mom, you don't wanna hold me anymore? Was I too bad to dad that you don't want me to touch you? I-I'm so sorry mommy please..F-forgive me." He cries so badly, feeling small infront of her. He looks down to his shoes feeling ashamed that his mom untangled his arms from her body. His chin trembles and an evident beak forming on his thick lips because of his pout. He looks like a 5years old version of himself now. That cold CEO Kayla met earlier at the office is nowhere to be found here.

"Come here baby." She steps forward and embraces Jimin. Holding him tight trying to mend pieces of his broken heart. She rubs soothing circles around his back as he circles her waist again squeezes her closer to his body. He latches onto her sides like his life depends on it. Like if he leaves her, she'll never come back again.

"Shhhh! It's okay Jiminie, Cry it out. Cry it all out Sweetheart." Her soft lullaby voice soothing him and he takes a deep breath in. He takes it the most freshest and soothing lavender scent with a sedative effect causing him to relax a little.

This is not my mom's scent.

Jimin thinks but holds on to whoever this person is because her scent is so calming amd homey. He kinda likes it.

"Calm down Sweetie. I'm here for you." Kayla rubs his back feeling him slowly relax in her arms and his gril slowly loosening. Jimin's dad watches the two from the stairs and wipes his tears away. He feels he failed his son. He's been so distant and broken, hiding his emotions in a bunch of meetings and paper work at the office since he made Jimin CEO. He made his son to be this way. He broke his own son and looking at him break down in Kayla's embrace hurts him the most and also gives him that relief that he finally let it out. He made a good choice bringing Kayla into their lives. She's everything they need.

He walks towards them and hugs the two in a big warm bear hug.

"Dad, you didn't tell me mommy came home. Thank you for bringing her back to us." He hugs his dad with another hand. Mr Park feels sad for both Jimin and Kayla. His son is currently drunk and thinks his mom is back and Kayla is here being a great woman but will forever live the the shadows of Lily in the eyes of Jimin.

Jihyun looks at Kayla with sad eyes as they hug and Jimin incoherently speaking through his drunken state. She lightly nods giving him an 'I'm okay' gesture and gives him a small smile as she rubs his back too. She loves him and she knows it will take time for Jimim to accept her. For now she will just take it and deal with the situation at hand because he needs her right now even though she's not who he's talking about.

"Jimin let's get you to bed son." Jihyun breaks the hug first and they all do. He wipes away his son's tears and Kayla gives them some space. She goes to grab a glass of water for Jimin to calm down and lessen the hangover for tomorrow.