Chapter sixteen- Ann Takamaki

(A/N): I know what you guys are going to say. Yes, it has been a long time. School is stressful.
~~~~~~~
Akira and Bee stood in the underground subway, eavesdropping on conversations Shujin Academy students were saying. A familiar voice piqued their interest.
"Wait, what?! That's not what you promised! And you call yourself a teacher?!" A girl with long blonde pigtails spoke.
"This has nothing to do with Shiho!" She spoke getting angry at the other person she was speaking to over the phone. The other person hung up as the blonde-haired girl looked shocked. She squatted down covering her face with her knees.
"Shiho's....starting position..." She spoke in a hushed voice. Akira moved over to her. Bee thought it wasn't a good idea to do that but she followed him, the girl soon looked up and backed away quickly.
"Wait...we're you both listening?" She questioned.
"Not on purpose," Akira answered.
"Haven't you heard of privacy?" She said it was obvious she was annoyed with Akira. She sighed and looked down.
"...No, I was out of line. Sorry." She said apologetically. She whipped away her tears, trying to show the two teens she wasn't crying.
"So how much did you hear?" She asked.
"Something about your friend," Bee answered.
"Shiho..." the girl looked down again. "It's nothing at all." She looked back up at Akira. "Nothing..." she spoke to herself quietly before running off.
"What should we do?" Bee asked looking up at the tall dark-haired boy. He paused as he pondered what to do.
"I think the best option is to try to follow her." He spoke. Bee nodded in agreement and they both started walking the way Ann ran off. As they were running to find Ann they overheard some grown men talking about a girl who was running. They soon found the girl in a part of the underground walkway where a lot of people weren't walking.
"Stop following me...Just leave me alone!" She said angrily.
"Are you okay?" Akira asked.
"Why..? Why do you keep worrying about me?" She asked. She soon starts crying.
"Let's go somewhere safe," Bee said to Akira, Akira nodded.
"What the heck..? I really don't get you two...especially you Bee...All I've done to you is make your life worse..." Ann spoke in between sobs. Bee had some resentment towards Ann but it didn't seem to matter much in this situation. Bee tried to comfort Ann.
"Don't worry about it. I get why you did all that." Bee spoke in a calming way.
The three of them soon walked towards the diner on Central Street. Akira and Bee were hoping to get more information from Ann. They chose a booth where Ann's back was facing a window with a beautiful sunset.
"I don't have anything to talk about with you two." She spoke up to break the silence. "It was just an argument..." she looks away from Akira and Bee.
"With Komoshida?" Bee asked.
"You've heard the roomers...haven't you.?" Ann spoke placing her elbow on the dinner table and having her hand support her face. "About Mr. Komoshida. Everyone says we're getting it on. But...that's so not true...!" Ann looks up at Akira. "That was him on the other line...but you already knew that. I avoided giving him my number...for the longest time..." she was messing with a napkin on the table. "He told me to go to his place after this...you know what it means." She squeezed the napkin. "If I turn him down, he said he'd take my friend off as a regular on the team...I've been telling myself this is all for Shiho's sake...I can't take it anymore.." Ann's voice begins to crack. "I've had enough of this...I hate him! But still, Shiho's my best friend. She's all that I have left in that sorry excuse of a school!" Ann lifted her face to show her tears. "Tell me..what should I do...?" Akira gripped the fabric of his pants on his knees. He was angry but didn't know what to say. "Sorry...I shouldn't have asked. It's not your problem." Ann's voice was quiet. "What...What am I even saying? I've barely even talked to you two before..."
"It's fine," Akira spoke. Ann was shocked at his reaction.
"You two are so weird. Usually, everyone just ignores me. Are you really a bad person? I've heard people talk about you, but...I just don't see it." Ann spoke to Akira, and Akira was shocked. She expected him to see him how everyone has seen him, just a criminal.
"What have they been saying?" Akira asked.
"That you assaulted someone...That you almost killed them. Kinda had a feeling that they were all just exaggerations." Ann spoke. Ann looked at Bee. "Almost similar to the things Bee has heard about her," Ann spoke softly. "You both seem kind of lonely...almost like you don't belong anywhere... But I think together you seem to belong." Bee and Akita's faces began to flush.
"We're all the same in that regard. Maybe that's why it's easy for me to talk to you both." Ann smiled softly. The smile soon faded as she begins to ponder.
"Is there really no way for me to help Shiho? I wish he'd just change his mind...Like forget about me, and everything..." Ann spoke softly. She leaned back in the booth and sighed. "As if something like that will ever happen."
"It could happen," Akira spoke softly to her. Ann chuckled slightly.
" I wasn't asking for a serious response. But I do feel a bit better now. I'm gonna head home..." she slid out of the booth grabbing her school bags.
"Don't tell anyone what I told you guys today, okay? I'll try and think of a way to persuade Kamoshida." She spoke before giving a soft simile to both of the teens.
"Thank you...both." She said before she walked away.
Akira turned towards Bee, his face still a little pink from Ann's comment. "We should head back soon, it's dusk now."
"Yeah." Bee grabbed her bag, she started to sniffle more after grabbing the bag. Akira noticed and looked toward her.
"Are you not feeling great?" He asked. She was caught off guard by his voice, he wanted to know if she was okay.
"Yeah...I'm just slightly allergic to cats....it's funny though, I love them so much." She spoke and let out a small chuckle. Akira stood up and grabbed his bag.
"Let me hold Morgana then," Akira spoke. He didn't want her to have to continue to sneeze on the way back home.
"No it's okay-"
"I insist," Akira said sternly but also calmly. She unzipped her bag to find a sleeping Morgana. She gently picked him up and placed him in Akita's bag. Akira smiled softly at her.
"Alright. We should head back."
They soon arrive at Cafe Leblanc. Sojiro was sitting by the bar, a coffee in one hand and the newspaper in the other.
"You're late. Where have you been?" Sojiro spoke, disappointment in his eyes.
"The trains were delayed," Akira spoke.
"Don't give me those lies. By the way. You haven't been hanging around bad influences have you?"
"Of course not, I've been making sure of it," Bee spoke up. "We actually have made some friends."
Sojiro was surprised, Bee has never really had friends and Akira was a criminal.
"Okay. Just make sure you are careful you your friends are. You don't want them ruining your life." Sojiro spoke. Bee nodded. Sojiro soon yawned looking over at the clock.
"Look at the time. Seriously, think about how I feel having to stay up here waiting for you two." Sojiro put the newspaper down. Akira began to walk upstairs and Sojiro turned towards Bee.
"Try not to come home so damn late, anyways, lock up the shop." Bee nodded fidgeting with the cafe keys.
"Say hi to Futaba for me," Bee spoke softly before Sojiro left. She made her way upstairs, Akira was on the phone.
"Is it the group chat?" She asked. Akira nodded before sitting on his bed and letting out a sigh. Bee also sat down on her bed and yawned.
If he has a change of heart, he'll probably stop abusing his students but it's too risky...
Akira was lost in his thoughts that he didn't even realize Bee had fallen asleep on her bed. Akira blushed profusely.
He got up and pulled the covers over her body before grabbing his pjs and heading to bed.
~~~~~~~
(A/N): Alright I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to post more parts more frequently.
Stay creative!