⓪③

To see Charlotte's outfit, apartment, and gifs to the story, you can find them at this address: http://suckmyfuckingfuck.tumblr.com/post/119783689228/something-for-i-am-a-monster

"We are the kids you love to hate, the ones that never learned to be part of the system. We were born to tear shit inside out, so sharpen your teeth, and ready your guns, the Revolution starts now." -Bloodline ~ Crown The Empire

I woke from a deep sleep from the sound of a ceramic dish being dropped. I groaned and rolled out of bed, checking the time on my phone, reading that it was 5:30am, which meant someone woke me up an hour and a half early because school didn't start until 7:35am and we only lived about fifteen minutes away from the school. But, I was a light sleeper, so once I was awake for the day, I was awake. I couldn't go back to sleep.

I trudged my way to my bathroom that was attached to my room. Benn and Danny both agreed that since I was a girl, I would need my own space for the bathroom and they would share one. They didn't mind it, of course, seeing how they were already so close.

I quickly did my makeup and pulled on clothes for the day. In order to establish a new Charlotte Vogelman, I dressed myself in high waisted shorts, thigh high grey socks, a pink flowery crop top, and a thick mesh cream sweater. I had already showered last night, so I wouldn't have to compete for the warm water in this apartment.

I grabbed my backpack (which was practically empty) and opened my bedroom door, following the sounds of what sounded like clinking china. When I walked into the kitchen, my eyes widened as I stared at the scene in front of me.

Benn was sitting on the ground, clad in his worn out leather jacket, a white T-shirt, and faded jeans. He had his head in his hands, his fingers tugging harshly at his hair. His body convulsed from his sobs.

The source of the sound that woke me earlier laid in shattered pieces on the floor. It was a set of plates that mom and dad had gotten on their wedding day from one of their friends. It was from a whole set of dish-ware for five people, each one personalized for the members of the family, like: a plate, a fork, a spoon, a knife, a napkin, a cup, a bowl, and a coffee mug that all said the word 'Mom' on it. And then there was a set of 'Dad', 'Bennet', 'Daniel', and 'Charlotte'.

My mother and father had Benn and Danny before they actually got married. Mom was pregnant with me when she and dad made the mutual decision to marry each other. They were best friends before, so they actually just eloped. Benn was about 3 years old and Danny was 1, so they got the dishes with our names on them.

I didn't know what to do, so I awkwardly stood there, staring at my older brother. He had been so strong around me and Danny, that I rarely saw him cry. Even at our parents' funeral, I didn't see him cry. I swallowed hard and coughed into my hand. Benn's head shot up, his hands instantly leaving his head and he stood quickly, wiping his eyes.

"Oh," Benn said, his voice breaking in multiple places, "did I wake you up? I'm sorry...I just...I was...I was cooking breakfast for you guys so you'd have a good meal before school, because I know you two idiots and you guys are picky about cafeteria food, but I-" Benn cut himself off as his voice continuously got thicker from his tears. "I...I dropped the plates." Benn stared at the shattered mess hollowly. I could make out the words 'Mom' from the broken pieces along with 'Dad'. It was disgustingly ironic that those were the only two that broke out of the whole entire set. It was like the plates knew Mom and Dad were gone, so the Fates took their dish-ware from us too.

"It's okay." I said, not really knowing what to say. Benn shook his head, as if he was trying to rid the feeling of guilt he had in him.

"Yeah. I'll just...I'll clean this up." Benn leaned down again to pick up the pieces. His hands shook horribly and he looked like he was about to break down again. I quickly aided him by grabbing the dustpan and broom to sweep up the shards.