②②

— FOUR YEARS AGO —

It's amazing how overprotective Andy could get over me in a matter of days. One minute he was all for David and I's potential relationship, next, he won't let David near me. Granted, David did accidentally hit me, and went back on his promise to Andy to avoid fight clubs, but Dave was trying to do better. Andy still sticks his nose up when I have to take pills for the pain.

Andy was in Los Angeles to visit his mother, something I was told only happened twice a year. He left Brandon in charge of making sure David didn't go near me, and so far, he had been loyal to him. But when Hayden invited us over for the night, I knew all bets were off.

I spent most of my time bitching and moaning about how it's David's choice to do fight clubs, so Andy should really have no say in the matter. Tree pointed out that since I'm fucking David, I'm immediately biased. I'm not saying he's wrong but... he's not exactly correct.

The boys were persistent in not letting me be alone with David. Andy in particular. I tried to argue with him, my logic being that David unintentionally hit me. But Andy didn't budge. Since Andy was spending more time away from Dave, (since he was still pissed at him for going to the fight club again), that left a bigger opportunity to be alone with David, but Andy had warned the others to not let me be alone with him. So that would explain why I was currently at Brandon Hoover's, avoiding school with him. Hayden and Taddie were planning on coming over too, but right now, Brandon was very interested in his phone, seeing how he just received a new text message from someone.

"Ooh," I began teasing, "you texting your new girlfriend?"

Brandon cracked a smile. "No, Hayden just told me to come over and to bring you. Taddie's with his girlfriend, so he's bored."

I grinned and Brandon sat up, grabbing his keys.

The ride over in Brandon's truck was quiet. Brandon was humming to himself, but the radio was off. I just looked out the window, thinking of David.

We pulled into Hayden's driveway only to see the skinny, curly-haired boy bolting from his house. He yanked open the door and shoved me over to sit in the middle of the truck's seat, squishing up next to Brandon.

"Hoover, drive to the warehouse. We've only got a few minutes."

Brandon's mood seemed to shift to something of uneasiness. "Tree, I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Come on! Step on it, Brando! Charlie has to see this to understand where Andy is coming from." Tree glanced at me. "Then she can decide for herself."

Brandon sighed, but reluctantly backed out of the driveway. Hayden scrambled in his pocket before pulling out a carton of cigarettes. He lit one up and offered the box to me. As always, I refused, but Brandon took the one Hayden had lit for himself and put it in his own mouth, taking a long and heavy drag. Last time I checked, Hayden was trying to quit smoking, so I knew this situation must've been stressing him out.

The whole entire ride, I was trying to sum up the courage to ask where we were going, but by the time I opened my mouth, we were pulling into a shabby looking building. There was a bouncer like guy in the entrance of the door way and Brandon sighed, shutting off his car.

"A-are you sure?" Brandon stuttered. Hayden nodded.

"I have a fifty, so it's fine." Hayden was convinced. "You don't need to worry too much."

Brandon looked unsure, but I tried not to pay too much attention to it. Something told me the price of entrance was not what was worrying him.

As we approached the warehouse, I tugged at Hayden's arm, causing him to look down at me with a confused look. "What do you want, Suede?"