⓪⑤

"So when you're shattered and you're broke without someone to hold on to, just know I'll always be there close behind. And if you're able to love when it's all said and done then I swear we'll all be fine, this won't be my last breath you can't take my life away" ~ Menace - Crown The Empire

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"I hate it here." I whined into the phone, leaning against the bathroom wall. "It's not fair. Everyone here are complete assholes, and Danny's not even in any of my classes. I hate this school." I lowered my voice down to hushed tones and bit my lip. "I wish I was in online schooling. That would be so much easier."

Benn was silent on his side of the phone and he coughed. "Charlie, I know that you hate it there, but you're gonna have to stick it out. It's only your first official day. You know it takes more than a day to get used to a new environment. I do agree that online schooling would be easier, but we don't have the resources to do that. Also, that would mean you're abandoning Danny."

"I'm not abandoning Danny," I grumbled, "he's not even in any of my classes. I don't see him in school."

"What class are you in now?" Benn asked, sounding concerned. I rolled my eyes.

"Lunch. Why?"

"How many more do you have? What do you have next?" Benn was persistent in his questions. "And when does your lunch end?"

"It ends in thirty-five minutes, and then I have AP Art and then Music." I groaned. "Benn! I don't want to be here! And they have shit cafeteria food!"

Benn snorted. "Fine. I'm on my way. I made you and Danny lunch for tomorrow, but I guess you guys can have it now. I'll be there in a little less than five minutes. I'm already out and about. See you." Benn didn't let me intervene before he hung up.

I frowned and put away my phone, glaring at the ground. Shit.

I exited the bathroom only to be grabbed by someone around the waist, who hoisted me up over their shoulder despite my protests.

"Put me the fuck down!" I growled, hitting the person's back.

"Ouch." laughed Dave, making me stiffen. Dave was the one who grabbed me. Fuck this. "Careful, your rings can really stab some people if you're not careful."

"I'm plenty careful." I snapped. "I just could care less when someone randomly grabs me while I'm walking out of the bathroom."

"Would it really have mattered if you weren't exiting the bathroom?" Dave smirked, glancing at me over his shoulder. I had to crane my neck to look at him. "I mean, would you still have gotten pissed if you were just walking down the street?"

"Fuck you." I groaned, dropping my head in defeat. Dave chuckled and I felt the warm air hit me as he opened up the door that led to the lot outside of the school.

"I don't eat in there though, I normally eat in the core or outside in the lot. But that's where all the hooligans go because there are no cameras out there. But I'm not a hooligan. I'm actually pretty well mannered." Andy's voice was playing in my head and I bit my lip, listening to it repeat over and over again. Dave was most certainly a hooligan, and knowing that those two were friends, of course they would eat lunch together. I bit my lip, scowling.

"You can put me down, David Escamilla."

"Ooh, tough girl, using my full name." Dave snickered, hefting me a little bit so his shoulder jabbed into my stomach, winding me. I grunted and Dave finally set me on the ground. I straightened out my shirt and pants and pulled my socks up to their normal position. I recognized a bunch of people around me, Andy, Hayden, Brandon (who now had his truck, so Dave must've driven him home and Brandon drove himself back), some girl who was clinging onto Andy, and a couple of other people who I didn't recognize.