①⑤

"They keep on feeding me the chemicals I need to breathe, but how can something so important not belong to me?  I can't pretend like I'm the one who's gonna change this, but all I know is that our time is running out.  I feel so tired lighting fires when I know we still have so much further left we could go" - Second Thoughts ~ Crown The Empire

  I feel so tired lighting fires when I know we still have so much further left we could go" - Second Thoughts ~ Crown The Empire

Like, seriously guys, this is what I picture whenever I write this story. Like this is what Charlotte sees every day. K thanks

Also, btw, I'm gonna start putting pictures in this story as breakers instead of lines :) I love this update :D
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Hayden took me along an intricate path of trees and snow-filled banks.  His knowledge for the area led me to believe that he had been here too many times to count.  He wasn't even slowing down at a complicated sign pointing to multiple paths.  He just jerked the machine to the left, almost throwing me off in the process. 

"Are we gonna go to the Lodge for lunch?"  Dave's voice asked, crackling in the headset. 

"Sure,"  Andy replied,  "But we'll have to make sure we're back before the sun goes down so we won't be pulled over by the patrols."

"Patrols?"  I asked worriedly, feeling paranoid. 

"Yeah, we're not actually allowed to go this speed." Brent almost seemed proud of breaking the law.  I, on the other hand, was terrified. 

"Are we going to get in trouble?"  I asked breathlessly. 

"Not if we don't get caught!" Danny replied.  I held onto Hayden tighter, feeling his pulse thumping against my arms. 

Hayden suddenly slowed, aiming the machine towards a clearing just a few feet ahead.  He turned off the machine and gestured for me to get off.  I shakily got off, my legs feeling like rubber.  He turned around and faced me, pressing the button to the mic on my helmet.  He then did the same to his own helmet and took it off, waving his hand in front of my face to tell me to take mine off too. 

"This is my favorite place to go."  Hayden said, moving to the side so I could see the scene in front of me.  I gasped.  It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen.  It had splashes of the sun's rays dancing along the curved edges of what appeared to be a frozen lake.  There were a couple of animals rolling around in the snow, not even aware of Hayden and I watching them from above. 

"It's gorgeous."  I smiled, watching the birds soaring above us.  "Why don't the guys come here?"

"Huh?"  Hayden looked over at me, confused. 

"Well, you said you were going a different way...so why don't they use this path more often?  It's probably the prettiest thing I've seen in a long time."