⓪⑨

"So gather ye demons, it seems it's your day, I've sinned but I've paid more than ten thousand graves, and though we're the damned we're so far from alone, so lets bury our hatchets inside of their skulls"  - Johnny's Rebellion ~ Crown The Empire

"David Escamilla! David Escamilla!" a chant had broken out and I glanced over my shoulder to see the one and only David Escamilla pulling off some sort of drunken dance move. I smirked and rolled my eyes. I was the designated driver, of course, and so was Benn. I sat on the rocks, the fairy lights illuminating the water around me. I slowly took a sip of my juice. It took a lot of convincing to make Taddie just give me the apple juice and not a mixed drink of some sort.

Suddenly arms wrapped around my waist, tackling me to the ground making me spill my drink. I giggled, twisting around, becoming to get familiar with these arms which were wrapped around me.

"Ouch! Let go!" I squeaked, my hands hitting against Dave's arms. Dave's response was to hold me tighter, ignoring my plea for him to loosen his grip; which was a good thing, because his touch made me feel a little fuzzy inside.

"No." he breathed into my shoulder, "it's cold and you're warm."

"Weren't you busy entertaining the crowd with your smooth moves?" I teased, relaxing into his grip. He positioned us so we were laying on our backs, half on the flat rocks, half on the sand. Our toes barely touched the water. Andy had made us take off our shoes because the easiest way to make sure that no drunken people would drive is by taking off your shoes, putting your keys in them and locking them in a large safe. It was Andy's parents' idea to do that, because they didn't want any lawsuits against them for tracking down this unsafe area for unsupervised teens and it leading to them.

"Hmm?" Dave asked, his head pulling up a bit so he rested his chin on my shoulder. "Oh, I guess so. But Danny and Brandon are already taking up the spotlight."

I glanced over wearily to see my brother and Brandon drunkenly grinding on each other as the crowd screamed their approval. Hayden and Taddie appeared to be throwing Monopoly money at them like men would do to strippers. I saw Benn laughing, shaking his head.

It was strange to be partying with my brother, even more strange to be partying with my oldest brother. I never really saw them let loose before, and although I was happy they were getting along and having a great time tonight, I was still shocked to see how much alcohol Danny consumed under Benn's nose, and how okay Benn was with it.

"Dave!" shouted a voice. We glanced up in unison to see a young kid come running into view, his hair disheveled and his eyes red from pot. "Dave! You gotta come see this! Dude, it's what we were talking about earlier! C'mon!"

Dave grunted and sat up, the absence of his presence leaving me cold. "Okay, okay, jesus man. Wait here, Charlie."

Dave excitedly got up and ran off with the boy and I was left at the shore, oddly uncomfortable. As I waited in silence, I heard another voice, this time, it was a girl's voice.

I perked up cautiously and decided to investigate. I followed the voice to the entrance of the electric fence. I stayed hidden near some rocks and poked my head up to see Sydney (Dave's ex-booty call, as Hayden likes to call her), opening the door for none other than Dan Flint himself.

"Hurry up, Daniel, for fuck's sake." Sydney was muttering. "You know I'll get the shit kicked outta me if he catches me letting you in."

"You're a babe," Dan praised, leaning over and kissing Sydney's cheek. Behind Dave was a whole group of people, and they all looked like they were carrying something with them. "By the way, hun, don't drink the punch, and don't eat the snacks."